Script that Auto Hides/Show Windows to Edge of the Screen

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
lucfig

Script that Auto Hides/Show Windows to Edge of the Screen

15 Apr 2021, 20:24

Hi everyone.

I am using a script made by @berban that hides windows outside of the screen and displays them again when you mouse hover the edge. It displays temporarily until the mouse leaves the window again.

I made a few changes within my autohotkey abilities (which are very low). But would like to make some more and would like to know if anyone can help with that.

The code is available here: https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/52070-auto-hide-windows-to-screen-edge-w-mouseover

I would like to make the following changes:
  • Add a mouse hover time until the windows is displayed and also one before it is hidden. Avoiding accidental activations. Or maybe activating by clicking the edge of the screen.
  • Adjust vertical position of the windows docked to the side and horizontal position of those on top/bottom.
  • Add a hotkey to show/display the hidden window.
Best regards,
BoBo

Re: Script that Auto Hides/Show Windows to Edge of the Screen

16 Apr 2021, 04:14

In ancient times I've used a similar toy. Meanwhile I'd prefer Win10's virtual screens to toggle between several applications that are in fullscreen mode. :shh:
lucfig

18 Apr 2021, 21:38

BoBo wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 04:14
In ancient times I've used a similar toy. Meanwhile I'd prefer Win10's virtual screens to toggle between several applications that are in fullscreen mode. :shh:
Yeah, that's what I currently use.
But I still see use for the sliding windows. Would like to keep my web apps over there in a chrome window: translator, tasks, messaging apps.
These are not necessary to have a fullscreen window, just a "sidebar".
falves

20 Feb 2023, 07:16

I use CTRL and Mouseover to unhide windows.

Just replace Mouseover function:

Code: Select all

GoSub % "Hidden" . ScreenEdge%A_Index%
With this (in my case, it triggers if Left control (LControl) is pressed). You can change it to whatever key you prefer

Code: Select all

if GetKeyState("LControl")
		{
			GoSub % "Hidden" . ScreenEdge%A_Index%
		}
[Mod edit: b-tags replaced with [code][/code] tags.]

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”