Simplest way to transfer fields from Excel/SAP to Website forms?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
milkygirl90

Simplest way to transfer fields from Excel/SAP to Website forms?

16 Apr 2021, 03:36

Assume 2 different scenarios:

1ˢᵗ Scenario: I have the same headers in Excel/SAP and in the website - E.g. name, contact, email.
2ⁿᵈ Scenario: I have more headers in Excel/SAP than the website and want to handpick certain columns to be pasted into individual form cells.

1. Just wondering is there any ready-made AutoHotkey script so far since it's quite a common admin process and if not, where can I start piecing the code together? My level of competency will only allow me to brute-force the code, i.e. send keyboard shortcuts to alt+tab and copy/paste and not knowing how to stop the loop when it's the last row or when certain cells are not found, what I should do.

2. What is the difficulty level for 1ˢᵗ vs 2ⁿᵈ scenario?

Thank you.
mikeyww

Re: Simplest way to transfer fields from Excel/SAP to Website forms?

16 Apr 2021, 05:26

Considering that it's common, and you are looking for a script that someone has written, have you searched the forum for "Excel"? Many examples of working with Excel have been posted to the forum. I believe that there is also an Excel tutorial on the forum.
milkygirl90

Re: Simplest way to transfer fields from Excel/SAP to Website forms?

16 Apr 2021, 17:58

mikeyww wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 05:26
Considering that it's common, and you are looking for a script that someone has written, have you searched the forum for "Excel"? Many examples of working with Excel have been posted to the forum. I believe that there is also an Excel tutorial on the forum.
yup, but there isn't one that matches the 2ⁿᵈ scenario, and most don't talk about SAP too.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”