Create a timed loop export script for Adobe Illustrator?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
cahlac

Create a timed loop export script for Adobe Illustrator?

10 May 2021, 08:12

Hi, everyone!

I'm actually new here/to coding so i'm sorry if this doesnt make sense.

I'd like to make a script where every x amount of time it saves my illustrator artboard as a png/jpg in a folder. The goal would be to use these images as a timelapse without the interface or zoom ins/zoom outs of screen recording.

I was directed here from the Adobe Forum, as they said this couldn't be done directly from the Illustrator built-in scripting features. I'd love to know if anyone has any idea on how to do this with AHK or even if it's possible.

Thank you!
hasantr

Re: Create a timed loop export script for Adobe Illustrator?

10 May 2021, 09:02

cahlac wrote:
Hi, everyone!

I'd like to make a script where every x amount of time it saves my illustrator artboard as a png/jpg in a folder. The goal would be to use these images as a timelapse without the interface or zoom ins/zoom outs of screen recording.

I was directed here from the Adobe Forum, as they said this couldn't be done directly from the Illustrator built-in scripting features. I'd love to know if anyone has any idea on how to do this with AHK or even if it's possible.

Thank you!
Hello there. Welcome to the Ahk forum.
How do you manually do the work you want to do. Can you tell us all the steps?

There is a nice tool made with Autohotkey. Your manually can record the transactions you make and replay continuously. It is a very nice tool to get started.
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=63
Other than that, I would like to help further but I couldn't fully understand what you want. Maybe those who have better English and who use illustrator can help you.
cahlac

10 May 2021, 09:39

hasantr wrote:
10 May 2021, 09:02
cahlac wrote:
Hi, everyone!

Thank you!
Hello there. Welcome to the Ahk forum.
How do you manually do the work you want to do. Can you tell us all the steps?

There is a nice tool made with Autohotkey. Your manually can record the transactions you make and replay continuously. It is a very nice tool to get started.
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=63
Other than that, I would like to help further but I couldn't fully understand what you want. Maybe those who have better English and who use illustrator can help you.
Thanks! I'm looking into the Pulover which sounds simple enough.

But if it makes it clearer or you/anyone has other options. If I were to do manually these would be the steps

1- File > Export > Export As...
2- This window pops up. I need to check the file location, file type and that the 'use artboard' option is checked
image.png
image.png (132.05 KiB) Viewed 277 times
That's it! And then repeat every 5 minutes. I guess I would also need to number the file so it wouldn't override the previous one.

Thank you
hasantr

10 May 2021, 10:53

I think I can find a solution with illustrator action. I am in business now and I will offer you a solution in a few hours.
hasantr

10 May 2021, 19:08

@cahlac Is it installed illustrator on your computer? What happens when you double-click the files with Aia extension with Illustrator Action format? Does the Action file work successfully?
I'm sending you a test file. Outdoor illustrator document needs to clean everything on the screen. Don't forget to add things to the workspace before you run. This will send a nice solution if it works. If not we will find another remedy.

Double-click this file in the zip, the illustrator will clear the study area?
Test File:
ClearAll.zip
(413 Bytes) Downloaded 19 times

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”