Parameters and jump list

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
GosHotk

Parameters and jump list

11 Jun 2021, 13:17

I have AutoHotkey pinned to my Win10 taskbar, and I have a shortcut on my desktop that successfully runs an AutoHotkey script with five parameters.

But when I drag the shortcut to the AutoHotkey taskbar icon and pin it to the jump list, the jump list entry shows up, but the parameters get stripped off. So the script runs when I click on the jump list entry, but (as expected) the result is what you get when you run that script without parameters.

Is there a way for a pinned AutoHotkey taskbar icon to have scripts with parameters on its jump list?
lexikos

Re: Parameters and jump list

11 Jun 2021, 22:27

I think you can use something like Jumplist Extender, this JumpList library, or (more advanced) build something based on the Windows SDK sample. I haven't tested any of these.
toralf

13 Jun 2021, 05:08

I have collected all my shortcuts in a folder and show that folder in the taskbar (on the Right side). Maybe this might work for you too
ciao
toralf
lexikos

13 Jun 2021, 22:24

You could also just create a script using #include or Run and pin that.
GosHotk

16 Jun 2021, 17:30

lexikos wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 22:27
I think you can use something like Jumplist Extender, this JumpList library, or (more advanced) build something based on the Windows SDK sample. I haven't tested any of these.
Thanks for the links. I'm an AutoHotkey n00b, and have been doing some further messing around over the past several days, partly in connection with the issue in my OP (not to mention partly just as a learning exercise), and just posted a follow-up report here: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=91722
toralf wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 05:08
I have collected all my shortcuts in a folder and show that folder in the taskbar (on the Right side). Maybe this might work for you too
Thanks for the suggestion. As it happens, I'm a big taskbar toolbar fan, and give them a shout-out in the above-linked post.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”