Script help to change resolution

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
RetromanX

Script help to change resolution

20 Jun 2021, 21:17

Hi, sorry for my bad English, but I don't speak the language so I had to sweat the translator.

Well I have an emulation frontend, and I use a crt tv.

As I needed the tv to change the resolution before running the emulators for the games to run at their native resolutions, I downloaded the Display Change program and made this script:

Code: Select all

Run, G:\TV_CRT\dc\dc64cmd.exe -monitor=\\.\DISPLAY3 -width=2560 -height=240 -depth=32 -refresh=60
WinWait, RetroArch
WinWaitClose ; Use the window found by WinWait.
Run, G:\TV_CRT\dc\dc64cmd.exe -monitor=\\.\DISPLAY3 -width=640 -height=480 -depth=32 -refresh=60 -interlaced
It works perfectly when launching the emulator, changing the resolution that sometimes depending on the emulator I switch to 192p/224p/240p/448i/480i.
But when I close the emulator, I need it to return to 480i resolution, because the front end only fits the screen perfectly at 640x480i.

I had used this script I found on the launchbox forum to use ESC to close the emulator and run the program in sequence:

Code: Select all

$Esc::
{
	Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
 Run, G:\TV_CRT\dc\dc64cmd.exe -monitor=\\.\DISPLAY3 -width=640 -height=480 -depth=32 -refresh=60 -interlaced
}
[Mod edit: [code][/code] tags added.]

It worked for me, but I wish I didn't have to press esc to run the program, I wanted when I exited it, the program would run.

It's more comfortable because with some shortcuts I get out of Retroarch, other emulators using the control without having to go to the pc desk, also sometimes for some failure the emulator crashes and doesn't go back to 640x480i resolution.

Then I have to go to the pc, and manually reset the resolution.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”