Help with setting text to ToolbarWindow324 Control of Save as Dialog? Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Patrick_Dayna

Help with setting text to ToolbarWindow324 Control of Save as Dialog?

21 Jun 2021, 22:16

Help with setting text to ToolbarWindow324 Control of Save as Dialog?

Code: Select all

5::
ControlGetText, ThisPath, ToolbarWindow324, ahk_class #32770 ahk_exe notepad.exe
Tooltip, Current Directory is : %ThisPath% 
Return
This snippet above programmatically gets me the current path of the dialog. I would like to set the path using this method.

So I tried the snippet below, Nothing seems to happen. I've searched online and I could not find any solutions using this method. Am I doing something wrong here?

ControlSetText, ToolbarWindow324, Test123, ahk_class #32770 ahk_exe notepad.exe
Return
I know that on this same dialog. I can for example, set the path using the file name region I specifically need to do it this way.

Thank you for helping me.
boiler

Re: Help with setting text to ToolbarWindow324 Control of Save as Dialog?  Topic is solved

22 Jun 2021, 00:03

If your goal is to set a new directory in that control, you can set the text in the “File name:” field to a valid directory and click the “Save” button, which doesn’t actually save it since it’s a directory, not a file. It refreshes the window using the directory specified. Like this:

ControlSetText, Edit1, C:\Temp, ahk_class #32770 ahk_exe notepad.exe
ControlClick, Button2, ahk_class #32770 ahk_exe notepad.exe
Return
Patrick_Dayna

Re: Help with setting text to ToolbarWindow324 Control of Save as Dialog?

22 Jun 2021, 10:40

I recently learned it has something to do with something called RichEdit control, which has a protected setting to prevent the text from being changed.

So I think your suggestion would be then next best thing. Thanks.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”