Creating exe file for simple keyboard shortcuts using SciTE4AutoHotkey Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Manmohan

Creating exe file for simple keyboard shortcuts using SciTE4AutoHotkey

24 Jun 2021, 00:10

Hi, I want to create an exe file for simple keyboard shortcuts, which I can add to my taskbar, so that the sjortcut gets run on pressing the icon of the exe.

I had created exe for Snipping (Windows + Shift + S) earlier, and it works great, but I have forgotten what steps I had followed. I have deleted the ahk file, only the exe remains.

I want to create a similar exe for a shortcut combo of Windows + PrtSc to save full screenshot automatically.

Can someone please guide me about the ideal code for this case.

My final aim is for Win + PrtSc to be pressed on clicking the exe.

I know the code would probably be somethink like

:: <#PrtSc
?????
return

but I have no experience in coding/computers.

If you could also explain in which line should the keyboard combo be written, and what should come in the 2nd line, I would be obliged to understand the process.

Kind regards.
AHKStudent

Re: Creating exe file for simple keyboard shortcuts using SciTE4AutoHotkey

24 Jun 2021, 01:34

if all you want is clicking the EXE to take a screenshot you need to create a script with two lines

Code: Select all

Send {PrintScreen}
ExitApp
Then go to Tools and compile in scite and you have your script in exe.
Manmohan

Re: Creating exe file for simple keyboard shortcuts using SciTE4AutoHotkey

24 Jun 2021, 03:05

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I could compile the script to get an exe file, but pressing that only does the function of pressing PrtSc button alone, i.e. copying screenshot to the clipboard, and doesn't do the function of Win+ PrtSc, which saves the screenshot to the photos section. Any way to edit the script to automatically do Win+ PrtSc action?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”