Control sending a key down and having it latch

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
mmelon

Control sending a key down and having it latch

05 Aug 2021, 15:40

Hi

I have a script that replays a stored memory of pressed and released keys. It works great with send. I now need it to target different windows depending on a flag. Changing send to control send means all of my X down keys are being released straight away. It worked fine with send. I’m sure there is a way to get control send not to release held keys at the end of the statement. Can anyway tell me what it might be? Send must be remembering the logical state the key or something. Surely control send can work the same way:

Controlsend,,{ctrl down},my window

Doesn’t hold?

Thx
Mike
mikeyww

Re: Control sending a key down and having it latch

05 Aug 2021, 17:46

Right. I believe that, in this case, you would need all of the keys to be sent in a single command (one line).
BriggTrim

Re: Control sending a key down and having it latch

06 Aug 2021, 11:20

Hi...I have run the investigating and the console comes up as sound. There are no HP up dates accessible for the keyboard. After looking at anything that has been posted anyplace on the subject, I settled on planning to the on screen console and locking the cleared out hand CTRL key there at whatever point I get the irritating behavior. As before long as I go back to the standard console, everything is ordinary. I have at that point gone back to the OSKB, and the CTRL key isn't locked. Now that I know that doing something with the LH CTRL on screen key is advantageous, I will attempt the same key on the normal console the following time I have the issue. In any case, I have the memory that I attempted this already and did not fulfill anything.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”