Window Spy - how to target GUI fields, work around? added pictures Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
DanRim

Window Spy - how to target GUI fields, work around? added pictures

16 Sep 2021, 15:59

Hello,

Maybe some GUI experts could guide me a little bit.
At work I have AHK GUI tracker. I do not have access to script. GUI have Buttons, Edit boxes, Text, Drop Down and so on.
By using Window Spy I see that programmer have set the same class to all elements and I can not target with ControlSend Edit fields and dropdown.

Pictures from google.
In picture where is WIndow Spy you will see ClassNN: Edit2. this Class is the same for all elements - edit and drop down
Section 2 - is all the time the same, it does not changes while I move mouse around the GUI
Section 1 - x and y values changes.

How could I target those fields? Who can I send some data to Edit fields and select from dropdown what I need?
Attachments
example 2.JPG
example 2.JPG (59.16 KiB) Viewed 622 times
example.JPG
example.JPG (55.12 KiB) Viewed 622 times
DanRim

Re: Window Spy - how to target GUI fields, work around? added pictures

17 Sep 2021, 15:11

@Hellbent Thank you for your question. It seems that Window Spy which can be activated at my work pc do not have that "Follow Mouse" Checkbox. I think there is not reasonable work around it this situation. Not sure why programmer made all Edit inputs with the same ClassNN.

Maybe you could give advice on this 2 questions?

1) How to use ControlSend if GUI dropdown have ClassNN and in droprdown list is 5 items?
2) If I have Edit input and I want to clear that input first, and then paste smth. I tried example ComandSend, Edit1

Code: Select all

;this does not work also, I tried and to add sleep between lines

SetTitleMatchMode,2
ControlSend, Edit1, {Ctrl down}a{Ctrl up}{Backspace}, Title of Gui ;mark and clear content
ControlSend, Edit1, this is my text , Title of Gui  ;text to paste

Return
tank

17 Sep 2021, 15:16

thats a combobox it looks like try the choose subcommand based on the text you want to select
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Hellbent

Re: Window Spy - how to target GUI fields, work around? added pictures  Topic is solved

17 Sep 2021, 16:05

DanRim wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 15:11
@Hellbent Thank you for your question. It seems that Window Spy which can be activated at my work pc do not have that "Follow Mouse" Checkbox. I think there is not reasonable work around it this situation. Not sure why programmer made all Edit inputs with the same ClassNN.
Ok.
Got a bit distracted by this.
Section 2 - is all the time the same, it does not changes while I move mouse around the GUI
Section 1 - x and y values changes.
Temp (1).gif
Temp (1).gif (135.31 KiB) Viewed 547 times
You can get the owner of the edit by putting your cursor over the down arrow
DanRim

18 Sep 2021, 04:31

@Hellbent & @tank Thank you for your comments and visual examples. You both right - it seems Combobox. I will try find in documentation how to choose item from such dropdown list while the edit label is freezed and to type inside is not possible.

Thank you!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”