Avidemux - the replacement for a hotkey from the application doesn't work properly.

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Rostov

Avidemux - the replacement for a hotkey from the application doesn't work properly.

19 Sep 2021, 15:32

I often use the Avidemux application to edit video files in my work. This application has some awkward keyboard shortcuts, so I decided to use AutoHotkey. E.g.:

Forwarding the video by one second in the Avidemux application is supported by the Shift + Right shortcut. This hotkey works fine, even if you keep it pressed for several dozen seconds. I decided to replace it with:

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive ahk_exe avidemux.exe
<^>!]::
Send, +{Right}
return
The problem is that when I hold down the Alt + Ctrl + ] keys for several dozen seconds, the jumps are greater than 1 second, and when I release these keys, the video continues to fast forward. What could be the reason for the behavior that the original keyboard shortcut in the application works without a problem, and its replacement created in AutoHotkey doesn't?
mikeyww

Re: Avidemux - the replacement for a hotkey from the application doesn't work properly.

19 Sep 2021, 15:42

It's probably buffering your sends. You can slow it down with a Sleep or a SetKeyDelay.
Rostov

Re: Avidemux - the replacement for a hotkey from the application doesn't work properly.

20 Sep 2021, 07:39

@mikeyww, both solutions work. Unfortunately, the delays I have to give hotkeys significantly delay the scrolling of the video, thus slowing down my work. Oddly enough, the "frame back/forward" hotkeys for shortcuts work fine, even without delays.
mikeyww

20 Sep 2021, 07:43

I do not know a way to kill the buffer, but perhaps others on the forum have some additional solutions.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”