Script to advance powerpoint based on a mouse click in a browser window

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
rking007

Script to advance powerpoint based on a mouse click in a browser window

15 Oct 2021, 11:46

Hi - newbie here - looking to see if I can jumpstart my learning by someone pointing me to a script that would be a good starting point.

I have to use one of these online presentation recording tools and I shall be on camera. I have to give a pretty technical session so I want to get my script right. Unfortunately the platform has a really cr*py speaker notes capability compared to PPT. Therefore I would like to run a PPT in presenter mode showing my notes on one screen and the online recording tool which will be in a browser on another screen. Each time I click NEXT in the online recording tool in the browser I want to advance my PPT window. Anyone got anything that might be a useful starting point for this ... if not any suggestion/pointers? Is this a good use of AutoHotKey?
rking007

Re: Script to advance powerpoint based on a mouse click in a browser window

16 Oct 2021, 05:48

I don't have an image handy and I don't have access to the site but the site will be running in Chrome (or FF if its easier) and the Button text is NEXT.
Fulminare

Re: Script to advance powerpoint based on a mouse click in a browser window

16 Oct 2021, 08:46

If you just need to click on a button you can do this :

Code: Select all

MouseClick, left, 0, 1
In place of 0 and 1 you should enter the location of the button (i.e it's x & y coordinates)

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”