Automating Gui in DAZ Studio (3d program)

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
FishWalker

Automating Gui in DAZ Studio (3d program)

15 Oct 2021, 11:50

I am trying to automate clicks and sending text in DAZ Studio (a 3d program). The gui is made in Qt and window panes be docked, undocked, moved, and hidden.

I can use the DAZ Studio's native script to display tabs but am not sure how to activate them or interact with the buttons. I can grab QWidget windows, but I think they change numbers between sessions. When I send keys they are often intercepted by the viewport and interpreted as navigation.

Any ideas on how to reliably find and interact with GUI objects in a program like this? I have been trying the Acc library but I am not sure how to grab the root window. Thanks!
Fulminare

Re: Automating Gui in DAZ Studio (3d program)

15 Oct 2021, 23:13

If you just want to type something at a desired location, why don't you try using MouseClick by specifying it's location and then - SendInput

That way the mouse clicks in the text box, and the text will be entered
FishWalker

16 Oct 2021, 23:38

Thanks! :D Because all of the Qt widgets are dynamic I don't know exactly where the fields will be on the screen. The widget numbers also change each loading. The window I want might be QWidget77, QWidget84, etc. Maybe there is a way to step through all the QWidgets and get their properties to pick the right one?

Right now I am using AutomateMyTask to do pixel searches for buttons, which usually works on my system. Some panels share icons too so even a pixel search can find conflicting fields if different window tabs are opened. I can see there is an Acc structure in the program but am not sure how to activate the root window to send an Acc_Get.
Fulminare

17 Oct 2021, 01:52

I see. Then I am not sure how to help you.

Try asking a more specific question in the forum once again pertaining to identifying a window (panel) in general. Then you can use that in Qt perhaps

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”