Possible to map DPI down on the mouse to a key?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
kormart

Possible to map DPI down on the mouse to a key?

25 Oct 2021, 22:17

I have a roccat mouse. It has a feature called easy shift +. Where a mouse button allows you to assign a second function to any of the programmable buttons on the mouse. When you press a button without the EasyShift button pressed, the mouse will perform a function you specified (E.g Left Click)... if you press the same button (left click) at the same time you hold the EasyShift button pressed, it will perform the second, different function that you specified (E.G press the P key). BUT I already use all the buttons on my mouse except DPI down. But its really awkward/impossible to hold DPI down when clicking other buttons on the mouse.

Soo in short can I map the m key on my keyboard to the DPI down button on my mouse?

I looked here (https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm) and there sadly are only 7 mouse buttons listed and nothing for the DPI buttons. So Im guessing not but hoping yes :).
kormart

Re: Possible to map DPI down on the mouse to a key?

26 Oct 2021, 00:32

Ok, so instead of using easy shift plus Ive come up with the below. BUT the m key doesnt work when Im typing a message to someone when its running. Any ideas?

Code: Select all

m::
	shiftMode := 1
	return

m Up::
	shiftMode := 0
	return

#if (shiftMode)
LButton::l
RButton::g
XButton2::3
XButton1::i