W10 ... Ctrl+X gone AWOL

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
roadcone

W10 ... Ctrl+X gone AWOL

27 Oct 2021, 04:02

Windows 10 Home, build 19043
AHK running one script

A few weeks ago Cut shortcut (Ctrl+X) stopped working. Copy and Paste shortcuts continued to work fine. Selecting text, right-clicking and choosing Cut from the context menu works fine. This has persisted and occurs in all applications that I have now tried (and I've tried very many). Disabling Startup applications in turn has identified that the compiled AHK script appears to be causing the problem.

If I run up normally the compiled script keys.exe is loaded automatically. The first action I take is to load Notepad and check to see if Cut is working and it is not. If I then Exit AHK from the System Tray (right-click) and restart Notepad then Cut works. I can repeatedly Run / Exit the AHK exe and confirm that it is producing an enable / disable action and I am sure I am making no other changes in the meantime.

I am not clear how to check the AHK version, but if I right-click on the script text and run the compile GUI it tells me that I am using v1.1.33.09. If that is not what is needed please advise how to provide the AHK version.

Can anyone offer any guidance please?

Clive

Script ----->

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#IfWinActive ahk_exe CaptureOne.exe

; Full screen preview
F11::
send {Ctrl down}tb;'/{Ctrl up}
return

; New adjustment layer, change to Linear gradient
!l::
send {Alt down}e{Alt up}
send l
return

; New adjustment layer, change to radial gradient
!r::
send {Alt down}e{Alt up}
send r
return

; New adjustment layer, change to healing mask
!h::
send {Ctrl down}h{Ctrl up}
send h
return

; Brush Size, Hardness
`::
SEND, {Ctrl down}{Alt down}
SendInput, {RButton down}
KeyWait, %A_ThisHotkey%
SEND, {Ctrl Up}{Alt Up}
SendInput, {RButton up}
Return

; Brush Opacity, Flow
+`::
SEND, {Shift down}{Ctrl down}
SendInput, {RButton down}
KeyWait, %A_ThisHotkey%
SEND, {Shift Up}{Ctrl Up}
SendInput, {RButton up}
Return

#IfWinActive

; Verify session
^x::
^!v
FileRead, pasteContent, template.txt 
	Clipboard := pasteContent
	Send, ^V
; clipboard := "D:\Capture One\CO Session\Roadcone Session\Roadcone Session.cosessiondb"
; clipwait, 2
; Send, %clipboard%
Send, {Enter}
Send, {Enter}

Return
[Mod edit: [code][/code] tags added.]
mikeyww

Re: W10 ... Ctrl+X gone AWOL

27 Oct 2021, 04:29

Line 54 takes over that "cut" key. The purpose of line 55 is not clear but is probably the offending line. Confirming this is simple, by removing that line. To send a key, precede the key with Send, .

After you set the clipboard, use ClipWait. Your script contains an example of that.
roadcone

Re: W10 ... Ctrl+X gone AWOL

30 Oct 2021, 04:32

Thank you Mikeyww. You are quite correct ... furthermore, I cannot recall why I put it outside the Capture One 'only' tags. I'll move it to inside the tags for the time being while I try to recall the rationale.

Thank you for your frequent assistance.

Clive

PS - The 'system' does not appear to notify me of replies despite my having ticked the box, so it has taken me a couple of days to check manually. Or ... I have not set things up correctly, which is more likely.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”