When using ImageSearch which of these would you use?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
BrockPlaysFortnite

When using ImageSearch which of these would you use?

02 Dec 2021, 06:08

Wondering what the best practice is for finding an image on a website. Would AHK perform better with as little of the image as possible? This is the first time I've had problems with the image not being detected even when using *100 it doesn't work 100% of the time. Any higher and then it starts confusing the image with other parts of the page. I think it could also be partly the website not using high res images for that "time desc" button 🤔

Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (16.17 KiB) Viewed 304 times
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (20.59 KiB) Viewed 304 times
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_5.png (4 KiB) Viewed 304 times
mikeyww

Re: When using ImageSearch which of these would you use?

02 Dec 2021, 06:29

The resolution makes no difference. Try a small cropped area. First, try working with the images that you have already captured, rather than the Web site. You just need the right image. If your Web site changes its image frequently, it could be difficult to detect. Your testing will identify whether your captured image works.
boiler

02 Dec 2021, 08:10

Unfortunately, you’re kind of out of luck when trying to find anti-aliased text because the actual structure of the letters is so different depending on the location that no amount of allowable variance will make up for it.

Many have used Feiyue’s FindText() successfully, so you might want to try that.
Chunjee

02 Dec 2021, 12:33

I've had much better luck with smaller; however the afore mentioned FindText() would probably be a great idea because it comes with various benefits and works great at finding images of text.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”