how to trigger Fn+Home Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
IzaO

how to trigger Fn+Home

02 Dec 2021, 13:10

Hello, basic user here (version 1.1.33.09). I know this is basic but I have already tried finding answers on my own, including reading https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm, which didn't get me anywhere.

I am trying to write a script that will only work in Notepad. What I want to achieve is a keystroke combination that will take me to the top of my file each time I launch a search. The rationale is that Notepad only searches from cursor position, so if I forget to go back to the top of the document, my search will only operate from that point on.

To get to the top of my document, I need to press Ctrl+Fn+Home.

So far I have tried:

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive ahk_class Notepad
^+f::
Send, ^{Fn}{Home}
Sleep, 2000
Send, ^f
return
[Mod edit: [code][/code] tags added.]

It is not working, and I am pretty sure it is because of the {Fn} part, but this is my best guess of how to send the Fn key.

Also, ideally I would use the regular Ctrl+F to trigger the search, instead of the modified Ctrl+Shift+F, but I don't know how to reassign the key if it is part of the sequence, so if this is possible I would be grateful for any help.

Iza
IzaO

Re: how to trigger Fn+Home

02 Dec 2021, 14:07

Well that was easy! I could swear that I had tried that, must have done something wrong. Anyway, I am happy with my script now, thank you.

Iza

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”