Win10 always show tray icon setting for some .ahk scripts (without .exe compiling)

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
neogna2

Win10 always show tray icon setting for some .ahk scripts (without .exe compiling)

04 Dec 2021, 12:23

This questions applies to both AHK v1 and v2.

Windows 10 automatically hides away some tray icons in the arrow menu when the tray area is crowded. We can configure some icons to always show (Settings > Taskbar Settings > "Select which icons appear on the taskbar") but there looks to be no way there to select a running .ahk script - only running .exe compiled scripts are in the list. Is there any workaround for that? For example can we set things up so that the foo.ahk is always visible in the tray icon while bar.ahk is automatically hidden when the tray is crowded.
mikeyww

Re: Win10 always show tray icon setting for some .ahk scripts (without .exe compiling)

04 Dec 2021, 12:42

You can drag icons from one place to the other, but as far as I know, icons of a process will appear in the same place (I could be proven wrong!).
neogna2

Re: Win10 always show tray icon setting for some .ahk scripts (without .exe compiling)

06 Dec 2021, 07:15

mikeyww wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 12:42
You can drag icons from one place to the other, but as far as I know, icons of a process will appear in the same place (I could be proven wrong!).
Yep and I only want a few AutoHotkey script icons to always show in the tray area and keep most of the other ones tucked away in the tray menu. I searched the forum some more but still haven't found a workaround so compiling the script to an .exe may be the only way.
MrDodel

06 Dec 2021, 09:56

neogna2 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 12:23
This questions applies to both AHK v1 and v2.

Windows 10 automatically hides away some tray icons in the arrow menu when the tray area is crowded. We can configure some icons to always show (Settings > Taskbar Settings > "Select which icons appear on the taskbar") but there looks to be no way there to select a running .ahk script - only running .exe compiled scripts are in the list. Is there any workaround for that? For example can we set things up so that the foo.ahk is always visible in the tray icon while bar.ahk is automatically hidden when the tray is crowded.
Expand the arrow next to the tray icon and simply left click and drag your .ahk to the tray, it will stay there, you can do the opposite also, by dragging an icon up off the tray it will stay hidden.
Attachments
After.png
After.png (2.83 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
Before.png
Before.png (4.67 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
So much universe, and so little time. GNU Sir Terry.
mikeyww

06 Dec 2021, 10:06

I do not believe that this is the issue. The issue is how to separate multiple icons of one process.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”