What is the hierarchy of the various keyboard macros between apps

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
ineuw

What is the hierarchy of the various keyboard macros between apps

11 May 2020, 01:07

I would love to use AutoHotkey in the Vivaldi browser but its use is limited because of conflicts with some of their own hotkey assignments. One way is to disable Vivaldi's hotkeys and App Access keys, which are options, but this also disables some important hotkey assignments which I want to keep. The 2nd way is to clear all their keyboard assignments one buy one, which can be done, but they have 120 key assignments and I want to retain only four.

So my question is how is it possible to elevate AutoHotkey to be the first which would take precedence over all apps' assigned key actions. P.

P.S: Windows 10 assigned keys are disabled in the Registry.
Win 10 Professional 64bit 21H2 16Gb Ram AHK current as of 2021-12-26 .
BoBo

Re: What is the hierarchy of the various keyboard macros between apps

12 May 2020, 12:23

So the question is, can AHK handle the functionalities of those four keys on behalf of Vivaldi, so you can disable all of Vivaldi's native key assignments?
ineuw

Re: What is the hierarchy of the various keyboard macros between apps

13 May 2020, 00:10

BoBo wrote:
12 May 2020, 12:23
So the question is, can AHK handle the functionalities of those four keys on behalf of Vivaldi, so you can disable all of Vivaldi's native key assignments?
I tried that but if the shortcut key functions are turned off, then AHK macros will not work either. If the assignments are cleared then my AHK macro can execute without a collision.

I also thought of writing an AHK procedure that would click each Vivaldi clear control, but this requires calculating the control positions by using Windows Spy. This is problematic because of possible changes to the display resolution. Vivaldi's keyboard assignments are grouped on four pages of 30 keys each). and I have some ~100 keyboard macros. Reassigning them is not possible.
Win 10 Professional 64bit 21H2 16Gb Ram AHK current as of 2021-12-26 .

Return to “General Discussion”