I don't think this guy is a fan.

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
iwrk4dedpr

I don't think this guy is a fan.

20 May 2020, 21:33

Check out what this tool says about AHK.

https autohotkeycoder.blogspot.com / Broken Link for safety
swagfag

Re: I don't think this guy is a fan.

20 May 2020, 21:49

he is a fan
u dont run an ahk blog, ahk yt channel and 5 forum accounts without being a fan lol
BNOLI

21 May 2020, 07:31

IMHO it's a fan (or was for some time): Nevertheless, the initial statement of this blog isn't something to feel happy about bc it's wrong.
No Enterprise takes AutoHotKey seriously, because they know how poor it is and because they know what kind of people are behind it!
Enterprises simply don't know about it, and the second part of this statement would fit completely into an ancient AU3 vs AHK rant. Pathetic.
This Automation Tool is maintained by LAZY, STUPID and DUMBASSES PEOPLE who try to deceive you that AutoHotkey is a very Powerful Program Language, but believe me, it isn't!!!
Sounds like a rant of a 'dismissed' ex AHK member. But hey, no Enterprise takes people seriously that are publishing statements like this in public.
So, "was juckt es die Eiche, wenn die Sau sich an ihr reibt".

:)

PS. Nice function section :)
Remember to use [code]CODE[/code]-tags for your multi-line scripts. Stay safe, stay inside, and remember washing your hands for 20 sec !
Helgef

21 May 2020, 07:47

This site is indeed made by a banned member of this forum.
SOTE

21 May 2020, 08:18

There is definitely some odd and convoluted psychology at play with the creator of that blog. On the one hand the person insults AutoHotkey and the maintainers of it, then on the other hand writes helpful AutoHotkey scripts and asks for donations. Oddly, some of the AutoHotkey scripts are pretty good or at least helpful, so you are dealing with a relatively advanced AHK coder.

To add to the strangeness, if the person felt so negatively about AutoHotkey then they arguably should just move on to another automation scripting language or traditional programming language. Nothing is stopping this person from switching to AutoIt, WinBatch, C/C++, C#, Go, Rust, Object Pascal, Python, etc... If you are going to talk so much smack about AutoHotkey, then it seems like the person's blog should be showcasing some other programming language. So in a way, he's proving how valuable and useful that AutoHotkey is, by continuing to code in the language (for years).

As for the enterprise comments, I agree that many businesses don't know what AutoHotkey is or draw the wrong conclusion based on the name. It's not like AutoHotkey has a company pouring millions of dollars into marketing. Many can think that its only dealing with hotkeys versus a powerful Turing complete scripting language that can be used in RPA/RDA or used instead of Batch scripts, VBScript, VBA, PowerShell, and general-purpose programming languages on the Windows OS.
BNOLI

21 May 2020, 09:02

Simple research. Take a function provided on that blog. Search the forum for it, et voila: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=179640#p179640

@Helgef
AFAICS this is not a banned member - while his style to argue within the forum isn't that far away from what he has published on his site :lolno:
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/search.php?author_id=79618&sr=posts
Remember to use [code]CODE[/code]-tags for your multi-line scripts. Stay safe, stay inside, and remember washing your hands for 20 sec !
Helgef

21 May 2020, 09:18

User is banned, and so are a few of its other aliases. Banned members aren't visually marked as banned.
BNOLI

21 May 2020, 10:06

Helgef wrote:
21 May 2020, 09:18
User is banned, and so are a few of its other aliases. Banned members aren't visually marked as banned.
Ah, wasn't aware of that. Thx for that info :)

Return to “General Discussion”