Cnnjj j is a j

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
sashaatx

Cnnjj j is a j

03 Sep 2022, 12:50

Cvvvvhgvhhhh

Edit: viewtopic.php?p=480864#p480864
Result: 1st warning!

See this postings former content quoted by @swagfag below.
Last edited by sashaatx on 04 Sep 2022, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
swagfag

Re: EXPERIENCED writers of autohotkey, and those that have repose with 20+ releases, I need your help.

03 Sep 2022, 13:26

u dont commit binaries to git, especially not ones u expect to change often(which the definition of a release.zip seems to fit perfectly), because ull bloat the repo. so what ure proposing makes no sense and goes against the purpose of git
sashaatx

Re: EXPERIENCED writers of autohotkey, and those that have repose with 20+ releases, I need your help.

03 Sep 2022, 14:20

swagfag wrote:
03 Sep 2022, 13:26
u dont commit binaries to git, especially not ones u expect to change often(which the definition of a release.zip seems to fit perfectly), because ull bloat the repo. so what ure proposing makes no sense and goes against the purpose of git
who said anything about binaries

ahk files are executable but not binary.

a 7z file within the source code of a properly structured release like (drop chrome.ahk here).7z would be a great example. or just a folder with proper structure.

you were able to structure a formalized sentence and attempt to refute what I said. Does it not make sense or is it going to bloat the repo or is it against the purpose of git. only one of those claims has a slim accuracy.

the files Im talking about are a couple megabytes at most, your only accurate statement of bloat is funny but in practice isnt the case.

Even with ahks converted to exe (never seen in ahk releases except for explicit software like ide but im sure they exist) they can be compressed to 7z which probably wouldnt exceed a couple megabytes. when they do, yes. that person who has a >20 megabyte ahk release thats a script that also includeds exes that isnt a IDE but cant be compressed, dont push releases to source.

edit holy crap.

chrome.ahk is 13 kb. this just isnt founded.

image.png
image.png (6.73 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
https://github.com/samfisherirl
? /Easy-Auto-GUI-for-AHK-v2 ? /Useful-AHK-v2-Libraries-and-Classes : /Pulovers-Macro-Creator-for-AHKv2 :
boiler

Re: Cnnjj j is a j

04 Sep 2022, 08:33

@sashaatx - Why did you edit your first post and subject of this thread to replace the content with gibberish? Please explain.
swagfag

23 Sep 2022, 10:15

sashaatx wrote:
03 Sep 2022, 12:50
EXPERIENCED writers of autohotkey, and those that have repose with 20+ releases, I need your help.

Love this community, it helped my career blah blah blah.

Big suggestion, one thing I see a lot with ahk releases that would help a lot of people. Its not dev's fault, its idiots like me who dont know how to use github.

Most people that download prepackaged autohotkey scripts are a specific type of person. They probably can find their way around GitHub but arent experts. If they code and they see "2018 release:" but the source code is updated this year, why would they download the release.

Most moderately experience github users hit the get source code button. The source code is executable with ahk. Push a copy of the release zip to the source code. G33k, HT5, my favorite contributors make this mistake and I didnt realize it was me for a year and I've writte ahk for 5 years.

I see 99% of the issues relating to github issues and forums pages are people having to tell people to hit the release button.

To save everyone time and to make sure people can use all the work you put into your scripts, push a release to source code. Thanks, love you
op took his toys and left

simply put, u need to learn how git works. and maybe even try working with git. then youll understand why committing binaries is bad

or... u might not, and instead decide to come around to throw another shit fit. with self-confessed idiots, who knows? who cares anyway..
sashaatx

23 Sep 2022, 23:53

boiler wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 08:33
@sashaatx - Why did you edit your first post and subject of this thread to replace the content with gibberish? Please explain.
sorry I dont recall but I will ensure I dont do it again .
https://github.com/samfisherirl
? /Easy-Auto-GUI-for-AHK-v2 ? /Useful-AHK-v2-Libraries-and-Classes : /Pulovers-Macro-Creator-for-AHKv2 :

Return to “General Discussion”