Is AHK v1.1 Still Being Developed Now that v2.0 Has Been Released? Topic is solved

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Buddha Nature

Is AHK v1.1 Still Being Developed Now that v2.0 Has Been Released?

Post by Buddha Nature » 31 Dec 2022, 06:31

Now that AutoHotkey v2 is released will AutoHotkey v1.1 still be being developed? The reason I am asking is that I think I stumbled across a bug in v1.1 but there would be little point in trying to raise the issue if development of v1.1 has come to an end.

swagfag

Re: Is AHK v1.1 Still Being Developed Now that v2.0 Has Been Released?

Post by swagfag » 31 Dec 2022, 07:43

u can post bugs, but dont hold ur breath for feature requests. without knowing what this is about, theres nothing more to say. whatever u claim to have found may or may not be a bug at all in the first place

Tensai

Re: Is AHK v1.1 Still Being Developed Now that v2.0 Has Been Released?  Topic is solved

Post by Tensai » 31 Dec 2022, 17:58

No, v1.1 has been done with development for some time now.
lexikos wrote:
26 Dec 2022, 03:50
v1.1 development is basically dying a slow death. I am basically not adding new features to it, especially in areas that have already been superseded by v2.0, such as objects.

However, bug fixes may apply:
lexikos wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 05:08
I don't intend to do much more with v1, but may continue applying bug fixes whenever it takes my interest. I make no promises.

Even trivial features likely will not make it into v1.
In fact, v2 development is also done and likely will only be seeing bug fixes:
lexikos wrote: future v2.0 releases will contain only bug fixes and optimizations

Lexikos has big goals to move the project forward, towards 2.x and beyond!
He has been urging the community to move to v2 for quite some time, and I couldn't agree more.

TLDR: If you have in fact found a bug, post it. It will likely at least be looked at.

Tips for your bug report:
lexikos wrote:
05 Sep 2014, 06:14
Before posting a bug report, please check that you have the latest version.
Usually it also helps to describe what result you expect AND what result you are getting.
lexikos wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 22:40
When posting a bug report, code to reproduce the issue, a description (even a brief one) of your expectations and what results you are getting should be the bare minimum that you provide.

Buddha Nature

Re: Is AHK v1.1 Still Being Developed Now that v2.0 Has Been Released?

Post by Buddha Nature » 01 Jan 2023, 06:52

Thank you Tensai. I think it is really a bug with the compiler, though it might be a Windows issue to or a combination of both. I'll try posting it up once I get some spare time. It's not a serious issue, but would be worth fixing (IMHO).

Return to “General Discussion”