Developers question

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
brandonhotkey

Developers question

Post by brandonhotkey » 05 Jul 2015, 13:34

Sorry this is not question directly to v2 but I cannot find where to put question like this. I have downloaded sources of AHK from here:
https://github.com/Lexikos/AutoHotkey_L
but I have problem to start (debug) because when I press F5 so I got dialog box Script file not found ... path.. test.ahk
In folder V:\tmp\AutoHotkey_L-master\bin\Win32w_debug I have found AutoHotkey.exe but after I run it I got the same message.

Now, the goal why I downloded the sources. I would like to check you source code to see how you managed to do automatic change of width of combo box when you have small select box , and the items in list are wider then the initial width of combo. So I am looking for your solution. I did not found any sources for Visual Studio C++ 2010 or tutorials for this, so I went directly on AHK sources. I love your way how you auto resize the combo box when needed. Can you tell me the files, classes and function to look for in your source code to find the solution?

Thanks your sources are for free, that's great

lexikos

Re: Developers question

Post by lexikos » 05 Jul 2015, 19:22

What were you expecting to happen? The debug executable runs a test script. If the test script doesn't exist, you just need to create it.

joedf

Post by joedf » 05 Jul 2015, 19:27

you could try grep ?
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Drainx1

Post by Drainx1 » 09 Jul 2015, 18:04

joedf wrote:you could try grep ?
I don't see a use for grep in this situation.
Grep matches inputs with a pattern, which is not applicable in this case.
Grep is not (usually) installed on Windows systems.

In addition, if it can't find the test script... grep certainly won't (unless you use -r and pipe in a dir, assuming the test script is in a sub-folder.)

joedf

Post by joedf » 09 Jul 2015, 22:31

Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

M0doJ

Post by M0doJ » 10 Oct 2015, 04:13

brandonhotkey wrote:Thanks. So it is here:
https://github.com/Lexikos/AutoHotkey_L ... .cpp#L2920
Well that's quite handy! Thanks for pointing the solution out. I'm going to utilize this in a program I wrote for personal use, that I may in time make available to others.

brandonhotkey

Post by brandonhotkey » 10 Oct 2015, 04:45

MOdoJ:
I will prefer different way to do it, without creating windows. I want to draw directly to client area of window. But I did not find a time and favour to do it yet. I will need to do a bit extended solution because I want to mark more areas in map/image, not just one area.

Return to “General Discussion”