Hunt: Showdown, Crytek, and AHK

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
chinagreenelvis

Hunt: Showdown, Crytek, and AHK

21 Sep 2022, 12:51

Crytek has just recently, in my opinion, overstepped their anti-cheat measures by booting players from matches if AutoHotKey is detected. What that detection threshold is or what it's detecting, I don't know and the Crytek support chat keeps ignoring my requests for them to elaborate on this so that I can avoid false-positives in the scripts that I have running 24/7.

Nothing running on my system is in any way designed to be used for cheating, much less in Hunt: Showdown specifically. The one that appears to be causing my problems with the game is a window-management script that I wrote that parses all of the existing windows and auto-arranges them according to their process and class as well as the position of other open windows. Apparently, even just *looking* at the Hunt: Showdown window/process triggers this cheat violation, and from my end, that seems like it would probably be impossible to resolve.

Has Crytek reached out to the AHK devs at all? Or did they just wantonly make this decision without any forethought whatsoever?

I also imagine disabled players would make use of AHK in order to re-bind inputs.

All of this seems like ridiculous overkill to me, and there must be some better solution than whatever it is they're currently doing. The problem is that I don't know what it is they're currently doing or how to go about encouraging a re-approach.
swagfag

Re: Hunt: Showdown, Crytek, and AHK

22 Sep 2022, 03:37

it might not be AHK that theyre detecting, but rather any Winapi referencing their window title, process name, touching their process handles, threads, etc
the game installs a kernel anticheat on ur pc, so they can do pretty much whatever they like with ur computer. dont like it? pick any of:
  • uninstall the game
  • refund it
  • file a class action
  • bypass the anticheat
i dont see the point of this thread

Return to “General Discussion”