Comcast Business ISP Blocking AHK Website

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
WarlordAkamu67

Comcast Business ISP Blocking AHK Website

27 Dec 2023, 14:45

Hello everyone! Around November 20th(?) (I dont have an exact date recorded :cry:) I have been unable to access any branch of the AHK website from my workplace. I looked into it and believe that Comcast is blocking the site for its business users. I all ready reported it as an incorrect flag to Comcast.

I can connect with a VPN. I did not pay for a service, just got a free chrome extension. I have only used to to connect here and remove it for everything else.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for connectivity without compromising data?

Edit: removed non-relevant information.
Datapoint

Re: Comcast Business ISP Blocking AHK Website

27 Dec 2023, 16:50

It could also be your company IT policy or software that is blocking it. If you haven't already, might be worth looking into.
WarlordAkamu67

28 Dec 2023, 09:54

I work at a small print shop. The first thing I did was inquire with my Sup, whom I play WoW and such with from time to time, since "he is the IT" - he is the lead artist. He says there is nothing of the sort (blacklist/whitelist).

I had all ready gone to report the website as falsely flagged last month. I have seen older posts and more recent posts on comcasts website about this type of issue, and even receive the same screen (screenshot) as one of the posts when trying to connect via Edge. Chrome provides a different error.
comcast2.PNG
comcast2.PNG (65.33 KiB) Viewed 631 times
comcast.PNG
comcast.PNG (80.65 KiB) Viewed 631 times
Spoiler contains some background information on myself and how I got here, not relevant to the issue.
Spoiler
WarlordAkamu67

28 Dec 2023, 14:04

I've used google- and even other search engines to try and find a (solution to the) problem on my end. I am trying to avoid signing into everything once again xD, but I will try and flush/clear what I can to attempt to resolve this issue.

As I mentioned, this problem has persisted for about a month now- I would add: even through all the "easy fixes" found on the internet.

I forgot to mention I tried on multiple machines on this same network, on multiple occasions thought this last month. So I believe it to be network level or above.

I have no issue connecting with a VPN from my work machine, and I have no problem connecting like normal from home (I have Verizon at home).

I will most defiantly sift through some more solutions and reattempt what I have before. If I am able to fix it (and tell what I did to fix it), or it starts working again I will update.

Is anyone reading this connected with Comcast? Or with Comcast Business Class specifically? As far as I am aware "normal" Comcast customers may not be blocked, but I do not know for certain at this time. (again, I have Verizon at home) Basically, is this a repeatable error (from other Comcast/Comcast Business users)? A bit hard to tell, preferably Id just like to be told "I am connected via Comcast Business so it has to be you" or if anyone else is getting this issue. Until then I will proceed as if its something with the network I am on (multiple machines on the same network, on multiple occasions = unable to connect).

Edit: added "solution to the"
Datapoint

28 Dec 2023, 14:31

You mentioned Edge and Chrome; does it work in Firefox?
The suggestion to Disable the QUIC Flag in the Browser’s Settings would be the first thing I would try, if you haven't already.
coffee

28 Dec 2023, 20:40

WarlordAkamu67 wrote:
28 Dec 2023, 14:04
I've used google- and even other search engines to try and find a (solution to the) problem on my end. I am trying to avoid signing into everything once again xD, but I will try and flush/clear what I can to attempt to resolve this issue.

As I mentioned, this problem has persisted for about a month now- I would add: even through all the "easy fixes" found on the internet.

I forgot to mention I tried on multiple machines on this same network, on multiple occasions thought this last month. So I believe it to be network level or above.

I have no issue connecting with a VPN from my work machine, and I have no problem connecting like normal from home (I have Verizon at home).

I will most defiantly sift through some more solutions and reattempt what I have before. If I am able to fix it (and tell what I did to fix it), or it starts working again I will update.

Is anyone reading this connected with Comcast? Or with Comcast Business Class specifically? As far as I am aware "normal" Comcast customers may not be blocked, but I do not know for certain at this time. (again, I have Verizon at home) Basically, is this a repeatable error (from other Comcast/Comcast Business users)? A bit hard to tell, preferably Id just like to be told "I am connected via Comcast Business so it has to be you" or if anyone else is getting this issue. Until then I will proceed as if its something with the network I am on (multiple machines on the same network, on multiple occasions = unable to connect).

Edit: added "solution to the"
Tell your IT guy to go into the comcast business account, go into left menu, then Business Internet > Security Edge, check to see if anything is enabled, since this is enabled by default, then disable web filters on the top right, protection level and whatever else from comcast's middle man sniffer. That lock logo on the first image looks 99% the same as their default logo and that quic protocol error could be caused by this, since this is literally a man in the middle sniffing and plowing through your web requests, possibly fucking up the DNS requests too.

Or also:
https://securityedge.comcast.com/#help/turning-web-filters-on-and-off, since I'm seeing on my end there is a portion that can't be turned off.

Return to “General Discussion”