Alternatives to Logi MX Master 3 mouse?

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
swazi

Alternatives to Logi MX Master 3 mouse?

23 Jan 2024, 18:09

G'day there,

I've been a Logitech mouse user for yonks, but now I'm wondering if anybody has any recommendations for an alternative to the Logitech MX Master 3 mouse? The software that comes bundled with it is garbage, but generally it works well with AHK. However, my latest mouse purchases seem to have build issues which aren't acceptable for a product that costs as much as these do.

To be honest, I really only use the 3 main buttons, plus the forward & back buttons, the extra controls beyond that don't get much of a look in. So, I was wondering if there's a drop-in replacement which wouldn't require editing my AHK scripts, or relearning too much muscle memory firing them off?

Ta..
joedf

Re: Alternatives to Logi MX Master 3 mouse?

23 Jan 2024, 19:03

I've been using Logitech mouse since my childhood. And I had an MX Master as my last mouse. I generally liked it, but it was bit heavier and larger than what I generally prefer. And the click sound was audible.
Alas, the left click has failed me. Started to have issues with click-drag, single-clicks being registered as double-click.

I've since moved on to my current M650 and it is actually a way better fit for me. Much light and smaller, the smart wheel is a nice touch, you've got two customizable side buttons, the software works well enough, but isn't required. It works of a single AA battery. A rather quiet click. It can connect with either just Bluetooth or small USB wireless dongle. and the best is it was way cheaper too!
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
swazi

Re: Alternatives to Logi MX Master 3 mouse?

23 Jan 2024, 19:59

joedf wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 19:03
Much light and smaller, It works of a single AA battery.
Unfortunately, none of these sound like selling points for me.. I'm good with the size/weight & like not having to find batteries. It might even be slightly on the small side for my ham hands...

If i were going to go Logi again, I'd probably try my luck with the MX Master 3s & hope they've improved somewhat...

Return to “General Discussion”