When I close RDP client, Autokey can't work

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Nicolos

When I close RDP client, Autokey can't work

06 May 2024, 11:35

Hello all,

I have installed a nodeJS app which uses RobotJS (a JS automation tool, like Autohotkey) on my Windows 2022 server which moves the mouse and tape keywords automatically (when receiving API calls via node server). I know that I don't use Autohotkey but I saw the issue is the same with all automation tools.

It works fine with RDP. But when I close the RDP session, the session is automatically locked, and then my automation tools can't work.

I can't use my automation tool as a service, it has to think there is user logged and a "screen" to work. And I don't want to have a computer running 24h/24h with an open RDP session but I can set up server B who will stay connected to server A via another remote control tool

Can tigerVNC / Teamviewer / Anyviwer oconnect to my server, even if no user is logged in? What remote control soft do you use?

If I open RDP session from server B to my server, A click yes to allow the VNC session (I guess I have to do that or maybe I can setup VNC server to automatically accept), close the RDP session, will the VNC session between Server A and Server B still works (so my automation software will think there is "screen" and a user logon so it an works) even if I close my RDP session to server B?

I may not explain clearly but I think everybody who has to run an automation tool (mous & keyword) on a server has encountered the same issue.

Thanks
smith2

Re: When I close RDP client, Autokey can't work

06 May 2024, 23:05

Issue: NodeJS app with RobotJS needs a user session to run (like Autohotkey). RDP works but locks on disconnect. Services won't work.

Question: Can VNC/TeamViewer/AnyDesk connect to headless server (no user logged in)? Will VNC session persist after closing RDP if RDP allows connection?

Your situation is common for server automation.

Return to “General Discussion”