Code Puzzle Thread

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Helgef

Re: Code Puzzle Thread

31 Jan 2017, 19:06

FanaticGuru wrote:

Code: Select all

; Code to restore the image
IT := imread()
for H, element in IT
 for W, Color in element
 {
 I[33-H, W, 1] := Color.2
 I[H, 33-W, 2] := Color.1
 I[33-H, 33-W, 3] := Color.3
 }
The code part was easy but it was a bit of a puzzle to figure out which colors got flipped where. Right off I knew the colors were being flipped and possibly switched between RGB but just looking at the colors I could not get it right but once I used Window Spy to get the actually RGB of the colors on the webpage of the restored image, it was trivial to get the flipping and switching right.

FG
Excellent! :bravo:

I shall return with some comments, in the meantime, it is now your privilege to submit a new puzzle if you like, it will reward you an additional point too ;)
Helgef

01 Feb 2017, 19:04

FanaticGuru wrote: The code part was easy but it was a bit of a puzzle to figure out which colors got flipped where. Right off I knew the colors were being flipped and possibly switched between RGB but just looking at the colors I could not get it right but once I used Window Spy to get the actually RGB of the colors on the webpage of the restored image, it was trivial to get the flipping and switching right.

FG
An easy way to find how the image was distorted would have been to look at the color planes as grayscale images, as hinted in the puzzle description ;)
These are colorplanes of the distorted images, displayed as grayscale images. From left to right, red, green and blue.
rgb_dist.png
rgb_dist.png (43.23 KiB) Viewed 13350 times

Now, compare to the the undistorted grayscale images (from the puzzle description),
ImageImageImage
Here it is easy to see that red and green was swapped, and how they were flipped. Undistorted red was flipped upside down and taken as green, undistorted green was flipped from left to right and takes as red, finally, undistorted red was flipped both upside down and from left to right, it was kept as red.
Helgef

11 Feb 2017, 13:00

I leave it open to any one who likes to submit a puzzle to do so, please read the rules in the first post first. First submition gets one point.
If it takes to long (subjective) before someone submits any puzzle, I'll try to come up with something.
Cheers.
Helgef

04 Mar 2017, 06:51

Puzzle 4: Defeat the MsgBox.
Puzzle objectives: Make the MsgBox at the bottom of the code in the code box display the text You won instead of I Won.
Puzzle rules: You are only allowed to add one line of code on top of the code in the code box below, and nothing else.
Code:

I			:= "You "
Won 		:= "Failed"
You 		:= "I "
Failed		:= "Won"
DidYouWin	:= I Failed ? !(You Failed) : I Won
MsgBox, % DidYouWin ? You Won : You Failed
Good luck.
nnnik

04 Mar 2017, 08:38

How about using a massive One-Liner that opens the Script with FileOpen then read it replace some lines write it to another file then runs it. The other process then closed the opening process and Displays I won.
Recommends AHK Studio
Helgef

04 Mar 2017, 09:05

It is not what I had in mind :)
In a way it is just a cumbersome way of changing the code which I meant you shouldn't change, in another way it is a creative idea, which cannot really be said to be forbidden from the way I formulated the rules. :think:
I guess I really didn't answer your question, so, you decide :D
FanaticGuru

05 Mar 2017, 04:03

Helgef wrote:Puzzle 4: Defeat the MsgBox.
Puzzle objectives: Make the MsgBox at the bottom of the code in the code box display the text You won instead of I Won.
Puzzle rules: You are only allowed to add one line of code on top of the code in the code box below, and nothing else.
Code:

Good luck.
Solution:

#CommentFlag ? 
FG
Hotkey Help - Help Dialog for Currently Running AHK Scripts
AHK Startup - Consolidate Multiply AHK Scripts with one Tray Icon
Hotstring Manager - Create and Manage Hotstrings
[Class] WinHook - Create Window Shell Hooks and Window Event Hooks
Helgef

05 Mar 2017, 04:40

:bravo: That is the exact solution I wanted. I was thinking, either this gets solved pretty fast, or never. It is quite rare to see that directive being used.
Helgef

30 Mar 2017, 15:08

Puzzle 5: Random exit.
Puzzle objectives: Make the script below display the random number generated by calling the function z().
Puzzle rules: You are only allowed to fill in the incomplete ternary operation on the first line. The proposed solution must always work. You are not allowed to manually assign a value to the variable rnd, the random number must be that assigned to rnd by the Random command in the function z(). You are not allowed to call the built-in function OnExit. No file manipulations are allowed.
Code:

w:= ? : ; You can only complete this operation, the code below is not to be edited.
OnExit("z")
ExitApp
z(){
	global rnd
	Random, rnd
	ExitApp
}
mb(x,y){
	MsgBox, % %y%%x%
}
Good luck.
Helgef

09 Jun 2017, 08:39

I give this topic a discreet bump by modifying the rules for Puzzle 5, I will allow the function OnExit to be used. You get one point for solving it with OnExit and two points without it (original rules).
Feel free to ask questions if you have any.
Cheers.
wolf_II

09 Jun 2017, 15:43

w:=OnExit(Func("mb").Bind("nd","r"))?:z()
OnExit("z")
ExitApp
z(){
	global rnd
	Random, rnd
	ExitApp
}
mb(x,y){
	MsgBox, % %y%%x%
}
:?:
Helgef

09 Jun 2017, 16:00

:!: :D Perfect.

Edit:
@wolf_II, if you want, you can submit a puzzle for an additional point. The original puzzle 5 remains if someone wants, if not the solution will follow me to my grave :beard:. In the mean time it is time for a new puzzle, if wolf_II doesn't submit one within some random time ( ;) ) I'll try to come up with something.

Cheers.
jeeswg

24 Sep 2017, 17:35

Puzzle 5.
Spoiler
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
Helgef

25 Sep 2017, 03:05

That is creative jeeswg, nice one :thumbup:
However, only one line is allowed. I'll give a little hint, the solution doesn't require any knowledge about windows API (dllcall) or messages. However, if you can do it with dllcall/onmessage on one line, I'll accept it.

Note to all: If anyone has a puzzle they like to submit, please do so, make sure you read the rules in the first post. Puzzles need not be hard/easy/fun or boring, anything you can come up with is welcome. :wave:

Cheers.
Edit: I added a note in the rules:
  • In general, the sought solution should not assume any knowledge about windows API or Messages. DllCalls and onmessage are allowed though, if reasonable. (Vague and subjective :lol: )
qwerty12

25 Sep 2017, 04:12

w:= True ? {base: {__Delete: Func("mb").Bind("nd","r")}} : "93"
OnExit("z")
ExitApp
z(){
	global rnd
	Random, rnd
	ExitApp
}
mb(x,y){
	MsgBox, % %y%%x%
}
Credit to wolf_II for the BoundFunc line, I can't remember who I stole the _base trick from

EDIT: Removed the double-assignment
Helgef

25 Sep 2017, 07:23

Perfect qwerty12 :bravo:
I can't remember who I stole the _base trick from
Maybe from the introduction to custom objects in the documentation, where we see that we can also do w:= (a:={__Delete:Func("mb").bind("d","rn")}) ? new a : "". :)

You will get 2 points for this one, and another if you submit the next puzzle. Cheers :wave:
qwerty12

25 Sep 2017, 08:22

Helgef wrote:Maybe from the introduction to custom objects in the documentation, where we see that we can also do w:= (a:={__Delete:Func("mb").bind("d","rn")}) ? new a : "". :)
Ah, thank you! (Properly thinking about it, I think I might have picked it up from a post by Nextron, as a way to deregister, say, a shell hook without an explicit OnExit handler - I've never actually looked at the documentation backing that :oops:)

I am sorry, I will have to decline the offer to submit my own puzzle; my knowledge of the AutoHotkey language itself is pretty basic and, well, I just don't have the ability to actually come up with a non-trivial puzzle. But thanks again :) Regards!
Helgef

25 Sep 2017, 10:16

my knowledge of the AutoHotkey language itself is pretty basic
:lolno: :lol:
It is free for anyone who likes to submit a puzzle then.

Cheers.
wolf_II

27 Sep 2017, 11:42

After reading the posts by qwerty12, I remembered coming across an interesting unexpected behaviour in a function I wrote some time back (being inspired by forum folks, one of which was HotkeyIt). After checking back with our quizzmaster Helgef I now present my puzzle in the form of two functions (the first of which is buggy IMHO), and a use-case for the two functions that demonstrates the unexpected behaviour:

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watchdog(wParam, lParam) { ; a self-contained ShellHook function
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    static init   := DllCall("RegisterShellHookWindow", "Ptr", A_ScriptHwnd)
        , MsgNum  := DllCall("RegisterWindowMessage", "Str", "SHELLHOOK")
        , neglect := OnMessage(MsgNum, "Watchdog")
        , CleanUp := {base: {__Delete: "Watchdog"}}

If Not IsObject(CleanUp) {
        OnMessage(MsgNum, "")
        DllCall("DeregisterShellHookWindow", "Ptr", A_ScriptHwnd)
    }

If (wParam = 1)     ; HSHELL_WINDOWCREATED
    Or (wParam = 4)     ; HSHELL_WINDOWACTIVATED
    Or (wParam = 32772) ; HSHELL_RUDEAPPACTIVATED (fullscreen app activated)
        Guard(lParam)   ; lParam is the active window's handle
}

Guard(hWnd) { ; do something with the new active window
    ; code
}

SetBatchLines, -1
Return ; end of auto-execute section

Watchdog(wParam, lParam) { ; a self-contained ShellHook function
    static init   := DllCall("RegisterShellHookWindow", "Ptr", A_ScriptHwnd)
        , MsgNum  := DllCall("RegisterWindowMessage", "Str", "SHELLHOOK")
        , neglect := OnMessage(MsgNum, "Watchdog")
        , CleanUp := {base: {__Delete: "Watchdog"}}

If Not IsObject(CleanUp) {
        MsgBox, CleanUp is being called! ; temporary line added for debugging
        OnMessage(MsgNum, "")
        DllCall("DeregisterShellHookWindow", "Ptr", A_ScriptHwnd)
    }

If (wParam = 1)     ; HSHELL_WINDOWCREATED
    Or (wParam = 4)     ; HSHELL_WINDOWACTIVATED
    Or (wParam = 32772) ; HSHELL_RUDEAPPACTIVATED (fullscreen app activated)
        Guard(lParam)   ; lParam is the active window's handle
}

Guard(hWnd) { ; do something with the new active window

; this example displays a ToolTip with some info
    WinGetTitle, Title, ahk_id %hWnd%
    WinGetClass, Class, ahk_id %hWnd%
    ToolTip, %Title%`n%Class%
    SetTimer, ToolTipOff, -2000
    Return

ToolTipOff:
        ToolTip ; off
    Return
}
I would expect to see a MsgBox when I exit the script, but I see none. The whole CleanUp will not get called, unless the bug is fixed.

The puzzle is: Can someone fix the bug?
Nebulous hint

Good luck and have fun! :D
Helgef

27 Sep 2017, 17:08

Cool wolf_II. I'll make a note in the first post that this is the current puzzle :thumbup:

Return to “General Discussion”