AutoHotKey Help Window - Tutorial (Quickstart) - "Beginner Tutorial" by tidbit - Concern/Suggestion

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
AHKUserJ

AutoHotKey Help Window - Tutorial (Quickstart) - "Beginner Tutorial" by tidbit - Concern/Suggestion

05 Nov 2019, 14:30

In the "AutoHotkey Beginner Tutorial by tidbit" (found in the AutoHotKey Help Window that comes with the program) it doesn't give you clear and explicit instructions on how to end a running script after guiding you through the creation of one. I had to look that one up because I couldn't easily find it in the help window.

what if my first script goes horribly wrong because I failed to follow the instructions - This is just a concern: but for a "Beginner Tutorial" (that isolated section) you would expect that it would tell you how to end a running script or implement a panic button, something to end the task.

I found that an easy way to end the running script was to find it through my system tray and exit it through there (had to look it up on the web). I know it should have been obvious, but I did overlook it and I do feel it should have been mentioned in that section (as it is something important to know, and it is a tutorial)

so, I'm just suggesting (and I'd appreciate it) if the beginner tutorial was updated to include: :"how to end a running script or implement a panic button, something to end the task."

thanks and love all

Return to “General Discussion”