Sorry, this file is infected with a virus

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Gibbons

Sorry, this file is infected with a virus

24 Mar 2020, 10:17

This is the message that comes up when I try to share a link to a AHK.exe file in my google drive.

Is there a way to rectify this? I'd like to share my work with my co-workers, but it would be difficult to explain that this "really isn't a virus, trust me" to them.

So frustrating that after all these years virus checkers, especially Google, keep marking these files.

Thanks for the help.
Xtra

Re: Sorry, this file is infected with a virus

24 Mar 2020, 10:37

.Zip the file and then put in Google Drive.
Gibbons

24 Mar 2020, 12:50

I tried that. Google apparently opens the files and scans them. So I still get the message in the title.

I can't find a link to submit this to google. Does anybody have such a link?
SOTE

25 Mar 2020, 07:10

You are being vague about the error message you are getting from Google and to the contents of the file. Is it really a legitimate AutoHotkey executable or something downloaded from a 3rd party? What version is the AutoHotkey executable? Something very old or a newer version? Did you write the script yourself or are passing along something written by somebody else?

You could show a picture of the error message received or show scan results from VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload), which would give a much clearer picture of what is going on.

Note- There are fake and alternative versions of AutoHotkey floating around, created by 3rd parties and scammers. Make sure that's not the case in your situation.

You could also recompile your AutoHotkey script, so that it's binded with a newer version of the AutoHotkey executable that is legitimate and comes from the AutoHotkey website or GitHub, to see if that fixes the problem. If you are the actual person that wrote the script, this shouldn't be too much trouble to do.
swagfag

25 Mar 2020, 07:20

what kind of ahk.exe file? the interpreter or a compiled script of ur own? if ure compiling something urself, dont mpress it during compilation or use any other packers

Return to “General Discussion”