AutoHotkey minimizes my windows (and I don't want it to)

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
naxunukuan

AutoHotkey minimizes my windows (and I don't want it to)

21 Oct 2021, 13:21

Hey everyone, I am brand new to AutoHotkey and know next to nothing about coding. I am trying to do something pretty basic: assign a text (a template for work) to a hotkey so that I don't have to copy+paste every time. It's partly in paragraph form, so I tried to write a continuation section rather than type `n for every new line. Well, it mostly works--it pastes the text right into Word, Outlook, Docs, or whatever, BUT it also minimizes all my open windows, which is extremely irritating. Does anyone know why it may be doing that? Can you see an error in my script? One good thing seems to be that it seems to enter all the text quite quickly, but that could be a total coincidence.

Here is what I have (obviously there are actual sentences/paragraphs in the real text, but this is the format):

Code: Select all

^l::
sendinput, 
(
texttexttexttexttexttexttext:

texttext:
texttexttexttext:
text:
texttexttexttexttexttext:

textte xttexttextte xttexttexttextt exttexttext texttexttexttexttexttex texttexttextt exttexttexttexttexttex ttexttexttexttexttexttexttex ttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttextt exttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttex ttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttex ttexttexttextt exttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttex ttexttexttexttexttexttextt exttexttextte xttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttextt exttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttextt exttexttext t exttexttexttexttexttexttextt exttexttextt exttexttex  ttexttextte exttextt exttex ttexttextte xtte xttext texttext text.

textte xttexttextte xttexttexttextt exttexttext texttexttexttexttexttex texttexttextt exttexttexttexttexttex ttexttexttexttexttexttexttex ttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttextt exttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttex ttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttex ttexttexttextt exttexttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttextte xttexttexttex ttexttexttexttexttexttextt exttexttextte xttexttexttexttext texttexttexttexttexttexttextt exttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttexttext texttexttexttextte xttexttexttexttextt exttexttext t exttexttexttexttexttexttextt exttexttextt exttexttex  ttexttextte exttextt exttex ttexttextte xtte xttext texttext text.

texttexttext
)
return
[Mod edit: [code][/code] tags added.]

Thank you!!!!

Re: AutoHotkey minimizes my windows (and I don't want it to)

21 Oct 2021, 17:37

naxunukuan wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 13:21
Here is what I have (obviously there are actual sentences/paragraphs in the real text, but this is the format):
The actual text probably by accident contains '#m' which is win+m i.e. windows shortcut for minimize all open windows.

Try using the text mode (https://lexikos.github.io/v2/docs/commands/Send.htm#Text)
naxunukuan

Re: AutoHotkey minimizes my windows (and I don't want it to)

22 Oct 2021, 10:11

@2017020122563, yep, it had a #--thanks! I just put it inside { } and it worked fine.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”