Launchpad - Game Launching Multitool

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools.
bmcclure

Launchpad - Game Launching Multitool

18 Jan 2021, 02:47

Launchpad is a simple yet powerful tool that creates .exe files to launch your games from any other platform in Steam (or elsewhere) with full overlay support.

Launchpad is the continuation/culmination of several older solutions that I had created to help solve issues with launching games through Steam. Now, it's a very powerful tool that can be used to handle some really advanced game launching scenarios, and I would love if it helped other users as much as it helps me.

In recent releases, I gave it a full GUI, the ability to automatically detect games from your installed game platforms, a simple setup window for first-time users, and much more.

Main page: https://github.com/VolantisDev/Launchpad

I welcome comments, support requests, bug reports, and of course Pull Requests! Full wiki documentation is coming soon, but for now, I have a video introduction series on YouTube I am continuing to add to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsbVijnHt68&list=PLdWnfeiq_bKdDLcvORj8qoYnot5teCnMv&index=1

(Sorry for the broken links, I haven't been active on the AHK forums for a long time and apparently it's a safety feature). [Mod edit: Links fixed.]
boiler

Re: Launchpad - Game Launching Multitool

27 Jan 2021, 07:02

@bmcclure - It looks like you put a lot of effort into this, and I suspect that the v2 sub-forum of Scripts and Functions is not the place that will give it much visibility among the people that would potentially use it. I suppose it’s the correct place for it since you wrote it in v2, but only a small minority of forum members visit this sub-forum since v1 is still the official release and v2 is not widely used while it is still in alpha release.

You may be aware of what I mentioned, but I thought I’d point that out since this might get significantly more attention if it could have been posted on the main part of the forum. I guess there’s not an appropriate way to do so unless you were to create a v1 version.
kczx3

Re: Launchpad - Game Launching Multitool

27 Jan 2021, 11:23

Since this appears to be a self-contained program (the README states that it downloads AutoHotkey as a dependency) maybe it could be posted elsewhere in General or a gaming sub-forum. If it is self-contained and doesn't require the user to have v2 installed or anything then it could be broadcasted in other forum locations maybe.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v2)”