- For GuiControlGet, I said that the (Blank) description could be improved, e.g. does the CR+LF behaviour for Edit controls apply to 'Text' (Static) controls.
- It might be better to cover any missing control types explicitly, including Custom.
- For 'if obj' and 'a ? b : c' with no ': c', when long-time users like jballi and swagfag have recently expressed surprise or uncertainty about something important, (and I remember feeling likewise,) that's a very good argument that the documentation for 'if' and operators should be improved.
- (When I checked the documentation I was surprised how scantly these were covered.)
- (A load-time error would only effect newer scripts, so additional documentation would still be beneficial.)
- (Btw you might not think it's AutoHotkey's place to do this, but, on reflection, I would consider explaining unary/binary/ternary operators on the page. [EDIT:] Or at least state that 'ter' implies 3.)
- The point is that for 'Ptr,0' and for 'PtrP,0', the documentation does not make it clear what the user's expectations should be.
- Can 'Ptr,0' ever crash a script, are bytes 0-7 safely read-only? What does 'PtrP,x' do, where x is a number, not a variable name.
- In sum:
- 'Ptr,0'/'PtrP,0' is fundamentally important information.
- if/ternary are *classic* documentation improvements, because people keep being tripped up by the lack of key information in the obvious places.
- GuiControlGet is commonly used and key to GUIs.
isn't constructive and doesn't belong in this thread
- That's how I felt about your first response, and about your subsequent responses. The 4 points are classic documentation improvement fare, and you have not made a good case for their not being included.