Compile Error No default Base file specified on VSCode AutoHotKey Plus Plus Extension

Scripting and setups with Visual Studio Code (vscode) and AutoHotkey.
HyoBokKim

Compile Error No default Base file specified on VSCode AutoHotKey Plus Plus Extension

10 Apr 2024, 18:46

I would like to ask for your help as a compilation error occurred while installing and using the AutoHotKey Plus Plus Extension in VSCode IDE for the first time.

ahk2exe.exe was downloaded through install-ahk2exe.ahk in the UX folder.

https://imgur.com/f4MonQt

When compiling with ctrl+shift+F9 in vscode, the following error occurs.

https://imgur.com/3EVJEgr

2024-04-07T00:15:36.515Z Command failed: "C:/Program Files/AutoHotkey/Compiler/Ahk2Exe.exe" /in "f:\vscode_projects\hello.ahk" /out "f:\vscode_projects\hello.exe"

Failed to compile: f:\vscode_projects\hello.ahk

How do I specify a Base File ('v2.0.12 U32 AutoHotkey32.exe' OR 'v2.0.12 U64 AutoHotkey64.exe' ) on the command line? Is there a way to control it with parameters in settings.json?

I have limited knowledge so I would like some help.

[Mod edit: Removed extraneous img-tags which only work with direct image links, not html-embedded pictures.]
TAC109

Re: Compile Error No default Base file specified on VSCode AutoHotKey Plus Plus Extension

10 Apr 2024, 21:35

The error message is trying to help you with this problem.

Press the Windows key and select Ahk2Exe to open the Ahk2Exe GUI (graphical user interface).

In the 'base file' drop-down select the 'v2.0.12 U64 AutoHotkey64.exe' entry (for example).

(You can select any other options you wish to use as defaults for your compiles.)

Press the 'Save' button to save these defaults, then close Ahk2Exe. These defaults will be used for your subsequent compiles.

Edit: As an alternative you can add a Base file directive to your script (for example: ;@Ahk2Exe-Base ..\v2\AutoHotkey64.exe). This will override any default you have set (above).

Cheers
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe

Return to “Visual Studio Code”