AutoGUI - Script Editor, GUI Designer, Debugger and Tools

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
Alguimist

Re: AutoGUI - Script Editor, GUI Designer, Debugger and Tools

28 Sep 2018, 18:36

For almost one year, I've been using exclusively AutoGUI to edit AHK scripts. Before that, I was also using AkelPad, where Ctrl+D inserts date and time. Most Scintilla-based text editors use Ctrl+D to duplicate line because that's a pre-defined behavior of the Scintilla control. In AutoGUI, a line is duplicated with Ctrl+Down (you can see a list of all keyboard shortcuts by going to Help > Keyboard Shortcuts).
joedf

28 Sep 2018, 21:08

I use control + down/up to move a line up/down...
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
SL5

29 Sep 2018, 09:27

joedf wrote:I use control + down/up to move a line up/down...
me too. and i could list you 9 other IDEs who has it predefined so. i think its good idear if IDEs give everbody the freedom to to it like the want.
Wick3d

21 Oct 2018, 06:23

Hi,

I got this massage when I try to start AutoGUI. What can I do ?

Asmodeus

21 Oct 2018, 17:12

Wick3d wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 06:23
I got this massage when I try to start AutoGUI. What can I do ?
Download the latest version of AutoGUI and AutoHotkey and try again.
Alguimist wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 18:36
Ctrl+D to duplicate line because that's a pre-defined behavior of the Scintilla control.
Control+D is used by many other editors and is probably easier to remember.

AutoGUI is already very user friendly but it can be improved by adding keyboard shortcuts customization.
I know of other applications which implement different shortcut sets to help users migrate; by re-mapping shortcuts anyone can use the program shortcuts he's already familiar with.
NameIsDKK

06 Dec 2018, 01:24

Can you make the whole screen dark i dont like when the typing box is dark???
EpicLPer

04 Mar 2019, 09:58

Is there any way to re-enable the designer mode after accidentally changing something but reverting the change again? How does AutoGui check if the file has been modified or not?
Re-parsing via the import option doesn't work since it doesn't import all options from the old script.
Alguimist

04 Mar 2019, 21:39

EpicLPer wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 09:58
Is there any way to re-enable the designer mode after accidentally changing something but reverting the change again?
When you leave Design Mode, you are asked whether you want to disconnect the GUI Designer (no way back) ou duplicate the tab contents (so that you can edit the generated code in one tab while having the GUI Designer active on another tab). If you have not yet finished designing the GUI, always choose the second option.
EpicLPer wrote:How does AutoGui check if the file has been modified or not?
Basically: SCI_GETMODIFY, a Scintilla message. The whole process also involves SCI_SETSAVEPOINT and the notifications SCN_SAVEPOINTREACHED and SCN_SAVEPOINTLEFT.
iG0R

02 May 2019, 08:01

Hi.
1. Please, fix the following issue with Find/Replace window.
Maybe it's due to 4K Resolution and DPIscale 150%
Spoiler
2. Is it possible Comment/uncomment (Ctrl+K) only influences on the first semicolon?
Spoiler
Alguimist

06 May 2019, 15:44

iG0R wrote:
1. Please, fix the following issue with Find/Replace window.
Maybe it's due to 4K Resolution and DPIscale 150%
AutoGUI is not yet compatible with High-DPI scaling, but I'm slowly starting to work on it. To fix the issue you mentioned, add the following function to AutoGUI\Lib\AuxLib.ahk:

Code: Select all

DPIScale(x) {
    Return (x * A_ScreenDPI) // 96
}
Then, search for the numbers 257 and 226 in AutoGUI\Include\FindReplace.ahk, and replace them with:
"% DPIScale(257)" and "% DPIScale(226)". Let me know if it works. ;)
iG0R wrote:
2. Is it possible Comment/uncomment (Ctrl+K) only influences on the first semicolon?
What do you mean is that when a block is selected, the toggle comment functionality should only operate on uncommented lines, preserving any existing comments inside the block? I couldn't understand the question.
iG0R

06 May 2019, 17:02

Alguimist wrote: AutoGUI is not yet compatible with High-DPI scaling, but I'm slowly starting to work on it. To fix the issue you mentioned, add the following function to AutoGUI\Lib\AuxLib.ahk:

DPIScale(x) {
    Return (x * A_ScreenDPI) // 96
}
Then, search for the numbers 257 and 226 in AutoGUI\Include\FindReplace.ahk, and replace them with:
"% DPIScale(257)" and "% DPIScale(226)". Let me know if it works. ;)
Thank you, now it's working like a charm:)

Alguimist wrote:
iG0R wrote:
What do you mean is that when a block is selected, the toggle comment functionality should only operate on uncommented lines, preserving any existing comments inside the block? I couldn't understand the question.
Yes, that is what I meant - "when a block is selected, the toggle comment functionality should only operate on uncommented lines, preserving any existing comments inside the block".
Or maybe to implement 2 Commenting/Uncommenting options - with and without preserving already existing comments.
There is "Column mode" function presents in NotePad++ to insert semicolon(slash etc.) at the beginning of each line to comment/uncomment whole blocks of code.
It is quite convenient to see what is commented and what is not.
In addition, it helps to edit the code in other editors, since not all of them support the auto-positioning of the carriage at the beginning of the first letter of the code, but almost all of them support the auto-positioning of the carriage at the beginning of the line.
Is it possible to implement such functionality too?
Alguimist

07 May 2019, 15:39

One thing you can do for now, while the desired features were not implemented yet, is to simply do a rectangular selection around the first characters of the block and delete them. Rectangular selection can be achieved in two ways:
• Using the mouse: press and hold the Alt key, then drag the mouse.
• Using the keyboard only: hold Alt + Shift, then move the selection with the arrow keys.
iG0R

07 May 2019, 15:53

Alguimist wrote:
07 May 2019, 15:39
One thing you can do for now, while the desired features were not implemented yet, is to simply do a rectangular selection around the first characters of the block and delete them. Rectangular selection can be achieved in two ways:
• Using the mouse: press and hold the Alt key, then drag the mouse.
• Using the keyboard only: hold Alt + Shift, then move the selection with the arrow keys.
Thank you:)
PS. Rectangular selection is similar to "Column mode" in NotePad++, it only lacks typing in each selected line while typing on keyboard.
autocart

09 May 2019, 18:14

Hi Alguimist,

While u are still actively developing AutoGUI, I just had an awesome idea:

It would be awesome if it was possible to have a horizontal split screen (on part of the file on top, the other part below).
Thus one could have the so called auto execute section always visible on top (with various settings for the script, which one might want to keep in view while working on the code). This would be outstanding.

Don't know how difficult the implementation would be, but at least the idea is now known.

Kind regards, S.
kczx3

09 May 2019, 18:50

The implementation wouldn’t be too difficult if it utilized the multiple document views that Scintilla is capable of
autocart

10 May 2019, 08:36

autocart wrote:
09 May 2019, 18:14
It would be awesome if it was possible to have a horizontal split screen (on part of the file on top, the other part below).
Thus one could have the so called auto execute section always visible on top (with various settings for the script, which one might want to keep in view while working on the code). This would be outstanding.
Thanks kczx3 for the reply.

If I may build on my own idea, though, it might be even better if the Script Directives dialog could be dockable, thus always visible. Maybe with a thighter layout, so that more information fits on one tab? And it should also dynamically include all global variables. I know, those are just thoughts. I hope they make some sense.

Regards, S.
Alguimist

13 May 2019, 13:30

autocart wrote:
10 May 2019, 08:36
And it should also dynamically include all global variables.
Include all global variables in Script Directives?
autocart

14 May 2019, 17:14

Well, maybe in a separate dockable dialog. Somewhere, where the coder can have an overview. Actually I thought of variables which I might define at the beginning of the script to be valid for the whole thing. I am not sure what would be the best solution for that. Thanks for reading and replying, though.
need4speed

18 Jul 2019, 04:31

New from Template creates an empty tab. I checked the source code in Editor.ahk

Template := A_WinDir . "\ShellNew\Template.ahk"
-> looking for a template file in the Windows Directory does not make any sense to me.

Also please consider making hotkeys customizable.
Drugwash

20 Jul 2019, 02:33

A standard AHK installation deploys an AHK template in that path to be used system-wide, like right-click in a folder > New > AutoHotkey Script.
AutoGui only tries to use that template. However, if one never installed AHK from the installer - that is, uses the portable zip version - there would be no template in that path, hence the empty tab. Unless there was some permissions issue or something that blocked the deployment of the template at install time.

Safest solution would be for AutoGui to embed the official template code, search for the presence of the official template and, if missing, use the embedded code. Plus it should allow the user to define and store their own template(s) within AutoGui's folder, and select the desired one on-the-fly.
Part of my AHK work can be found here.

Return to “Old Topics”