AutoGUI - Script Editor, GUI Designer, Debugger and Tools

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
Alguimist

Re: AutoGUI - Script Editor, GUI Designer, Debugger and Tools

22 Jul 2019, 12:24

Drugwash wrote: Safest solution would be for AutoGui to embed the official template code, search for the presence of the official template and, if missing, use the embedded code.
Some time ago it worked this way. The "else" of "FileExist(Template)", responsible for pasting the embedded code, was discarded because of a tool called "Script Directives" (File > Script Directives), which offers great flexibility in the definition of a template or script preamble created according to the needs. There is a feature missing is this tool, though: the ability to save the current definitions. For a moment I considered to make some room for a tab called Template in Script Directives, perhaps by merging the last two tabs ("Require" and "Includes") into a single tab. The problem is that a "Template Manager" may be more suitable as a separate dialog or submenu in AutoGUI, as templates may not be composed solely of directives (for example, the template for a class or for a GUI) or as part of a "Snippets Manager" (a planned feature).
Drugwash

23 Jul 2019, 13:45

Ah yes, a dedicated tool would be more flexible for extended purposes. Still, maybe a (very) simple and straightforward template should be easily available, next to the option to launch the tool for more complex templates. Considering the improvements in AHK2EXE (script directives) I guess a generic template containing common directives and maybe a handful of user-defined variables could satisfy most users/scripts. Just an opinion. :)
Part of my AHK work can be found here.
haichen

16 Aug 2019, 04:34

I like AutoGui very much. At the moment i'm only missing the possibility of relative positioning of the controls in the code. I like to see positioning with wp, hp, xp, yp xm, ym etc and maybe xs, ys. May be this could be built in the Alignmenttools. Perhaps as an option.

Thank you very much for your very helpful program.
haichen
flipside555

01 Sep 2019, 04:50

Hi, what do I need to do workaround the message "AutoGui Has not been adapted to High-DPI scaling"? Thanks.
karnahaz

10 Sep 2019, 21:27

What I did to fix this was open AutoGUI.ahk in notepad++, goto line 202 and I commented out

Code: Select all

If (A_ScreenDPI != 96) {
    Gui Auto: +OwnDialogs
    MsgBox 0x30, Warning, %g_AppName% has not been adapted to High-DPI display scaling.`n`nThe program will exit.
    ExitApp
}
elModo7

12 Sep 2019, 03:19

Once again I am here to check if there are any updates.
Really, really thank you for keeping this awesome utility updated.
MARCAN

17 Sep 2019, 10:32

Hi all.

I'm starting to learn AHK and of all the ide's I've tried, AutoGui is the one I like the most, but for now I only have a question:
How can we change Theme colors, like for eg. AHK Studio has? Or can someone point me the lines of code to change the colors used by it?

Thanks in advanced and keep up the good work
Alguimist

22 Sep 2019, 10:53

haichen wrote:At the moment i'm only missing the possibility of relative positioning of the controls in the code.
Considering that the GUI designer of AutoGUI is a visual tool, of that kind sometimes referred to as WYSIWYG ("What You See Is What You Get"), that is, controls are positioned, moved and resized in the preview window in a way that reflects the aspect that they will ultimately assume in the final result, the use of absolute positioning can only be straightforward by means of such visual environment. The relative positioning of GUI controls is mainly a way of textually describe the layout of a window when no GUI designer is available or in some situations where the positioning of a control has to be dynamically calculated.

@flipside555 and @karnahaz: As I'm not testing new releases of AutoGUI in a High-DPI environment, I decided to temporarily prevent the execution of AutoGUI under this condition. AutoGUI makes use of DllCalls and system messages involving coordinates and control size, which are not natively scaled by AHK.

@elModo7: Thanks for your comment! ;)

@MARCAN: Thank you! I'm currently working on theme customization, but it may take some time to finish. To change the colors, search for "DefaultTheme" or "DarkTheme" in Include\Editor.ahk. These functions no longer exist in the development version though, as they were replaced by a generic mechanism that is able to load styles from an XML file for any lexer supported by Scintilla.
MARCAN

22 Sep 2019, 15:29

Thank you and I'm looking forward for the new developments. :)

Best regards,

MC
MARCAN

25 Sep 2019, 15:23

Hi again.

I have another doubt:

how can we change/create the hotkeys / shortcut for "collapse all folds" and "expand all folds"? And other hotkeys of AutoGui commands?

I went to AutoGUI\Include\Editor and found lines 1347 and 1352. Tried to create hotkeys (using another editor), but they didn´t worked.

Eg:

#+q::
CollapseFolds() {
Sci[TabEx.GetSel()].FoldAll(0) ; SC_FOLDACTION_CONTRACT
}

Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong? Or isn't possible to change/create them?

Sorry for all the newbie questions...and thank for your time and patience.

Best regards
MC
Alguimist

28 Sep 2019, 17:21

@MARCAN: Try the code below. Ctrl+Backspace collapses all folds. Ctrl+Shift+Backspace expands all folds.

#IfWinActive AutoGUI v
TopMenu := " &View "
^Backspace::
    MenuItem := "Collapse All Folds"
    WinMenuSelectItem A,, %TopMenu%, %MenuItem%
Return

^+Backspace::
    MenuItem := "Expand All Folds"
Return
MARCAN

30 Sep 2019, 07:25

Alguimist wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 17:21
@MARCAN: Try the code below. Ctrl+Backspace collapses all folds. Ctrl+Shift+Backspace expands all folds.

#IfWinActive AutoGUI v
TopMenu := " &View "
^Backspace::
    MenuItem := "Collapse All Folds"
Return

^+Backspace::
    MenuItem := "Expand All Folds"
Return
Hi
Thank you for your prompt response and time.
I've inserted the code in the editor.ahk, line 1347, saved and closed it, but it didn't work. Did I missed something?
Best regards,
MC
Alguimist

11 Oct 2019, 05:01

@MARCAN: The code I posted should be executed as a separate script file. Custom keyboard shortcuts will be implemented in a feature version of AutoGUI.
MARCAN

13 Oct 2019, 15:09

Alguimist wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 05:01
@MARCAN: The code I posted should be executed as a separate script file. Custom keyboard shortcuts will be implemented in a feature version of AutoGUI.
Can´t wait for the next version.

And many thanks for the collapse/expand script...it works like a charm.

Best regards and good work. :bravo:
MARCAN

24 Oct 2019, 16:18

Hello again.
I have a suggestion, althought it might be in development.
It would be great if all unsaved changes (lines) could have a mark next to line numbers.
Can it be done?

Thank you and best regards,

MC
adrian_9832

27 Oct 2019, 08:24

is that any way to clean select ; ?
thanks
MARCAN

07 Nov 2019, 12:18

Hi
another suggestion:
a way to store personalized auto-execute code, reusable for new scripts.
that would be cool. :thumbup:

Best regards
MC
MARCAN

11 Nov 2019, 10:43

Hi

I'm trying to open the program Tools, like MagicBox, Constantine and similar ones, but I'm not being able to, in my office PC, which I don't have admin rigths (and maybe that should be the cause).

I've tried them in my home PC and they work fine.

I already removed and add them again and that din't work either.

I added 2 or 3 other tools and they work as expected, except Pixel Predator by HellBent (don't have a clue why).

The AHK version is v1.1.30.03, portable, if it should matters.

Is there a workaround for it?

Thank you for your time, best regards
MC
MARCAN

11 Nov 2019, 12:06

By the way, when I open the ahk files of the Tools and run them, they do work, but thats the point of the Tools tab, right?

Run the Tools with one click, inside the AutoGui.

Cheers
freespacing

12 Jan 2020, 19:52

Howdy everyone.

Has any one found a workaround to the "AutoGUI has not been adapted to High-DPI display scaling" error message? A setting in Window?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Return to “Old Topics”