Universal Joystick Remapper (UJR) - v6.10 2nd Nov 2015

Post gaming related scripts
evilC

Re: Universal Joystick Remapper (UJR) - v6.10 2nd Nov 2015

15 Jun 2016, 12:14

Not with UJR, but it is possible with my new app - UCR.
At the moment, the support for this kind of thing is not great, but it will improve.

UCR works in a similar way to UJR (ie it has profiles) but in UCR, profiles are built up from plugins, so you just add whatever plugin you need to do the task.

At the moment, you can switch to another profile on press of a button (And switch back to the original profile on release of a button), but this would mean that you would have to have two almost identical profiles for "normal" and "shift" mode.
In the future, one profile will be able to "inherit" from another profile, so you could put all mappings but the thumbstick on the main profile, then have two child profiles - one with the "normal" mapping for the thumbstick and one with the "shifted" mapping for the thumbstick.
ETA for this kind of functionality is hopefully within the next month or two.
raron

16 Jun 2016, 13:03

I figured it out!

It was.. failure to check Game Controller Calibration issue (or in other words PEBKAC.. yeah a bit embarrassing! :P). Actually, it was enough to just press "Reset to default" in the Settings tab of vJoy #1's Device properties (in Control Panel - Game Controllers), and all axis on vJoy #1 worked like analog again! (I went through the calibration too, to get it done properly).

Just FYI.

04 Jul 2016, 16:19

Used it for mapping Logitech G27 pedals as rudder for Falcon BMS (in combination with vJoy). Worked great!
Thanks a lot!
keem85

03 Aug 2016, 03:19

Hi guys!

I have exactly the same issue with "flickering" when combining two axis.. I am combining "CLUTCH" and "GAS" to one axis.. The clutch is the Rests H inverted, while the gas is merged.. This makes for one axis for rudder games like Elite or other flight simulators.. However it flickers like crazy when touching the gas or clutch.. I followed this guide http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/10919 ... ch/?page=2 from the middle of the page there.

It seems that allthough UJR is combining the axis, at some point it treats them as two.. I guess that's why it flickers? By flicker I mean that the plane's rudder pedals goes from 1 - 100% left and right instantly.. Not a smooth yaw, but instantly left and right rapidly.
evilC

03 Aug 2016, 07:16

Disable the gas (ie remove the mapping onthe Axes 2 tab) - does the clutch pedal pull the slider to the left?
Then try setting up just the gas pedal in tab Axes1 - you need to make sure that it moves the slider to the right.

Failing that, see if the issue happens with UCR. I no longer develop UJR, so if there are problems with this feature in UJR, I will most likely not bother to fix it, as UJR has been discontinued.
keem85

03 Aug 2016, 09:18

evilC wrote:Disable the gas (ie remove the mapping onthe Axes 2 tab) - does the clutch pedal pull the slider to the left?
Then try setting up just the gas pedal in tab Axes1 - you need to make sure that it moves the slider to the right.

Failing that, see if the issue happens with UCR. I no longer develop UJR, so if there are problems with this feature in UJR, I will most likely not bother to fix it, as UJR has been discontinued.
You mean I should try with only one physical axis/pedal? I can try that when I get home... Your second tips, did you mean for me to set it up exactly like I have it, only swapping gas and clutch?
I'll try both of it with your new UCR when I get home.
keem85

03 Aug 2016, 11:49

Hmm how do I do this in UCR? I can't choose "Rests H" so that it rests in the middle.. I can't choose vJoy as an output either in UCR, like I could in UJR
evilC

03 Aug 2016, 12:51

There is no rests option in UCR, it wasn't needed.

1) add an AxisMerger plugin
2) Configure Input Axis 1 so that the slider rests at the right edge when the pedal is not pressed
3) Configure Input Axis 2 so that the slider rests at the left edge when the other pedal is not pressed
4) In the "Output Virtual Axis" box, drop it down and select vJoy Stick 1, then pick an axis.
keem85

03 Aug 2016, 14:10

That worked perfect! So easy to set up, thanks! However the flicker still remains :/ It's very strange! I have no idea why. All looks fine in the control panel when calibrating and everything, but as soon as I enter P3D, the rudder pedals flicker on a certain low treshold on my physical clutch.

EDIT: It is like when I let go of the pedals, the axis from UCR "disconnects".. It's like it starts up again as soon as I gently touches my clutch and gas pedal.. Like it's confused or something :P

EDIT2: I tried to push both my pedals in.. Clutch pushed in 60% and pedal 50%... If I gently swap these two, it flickers when switching.. When both hits 50%.. It's like it's a deadzone there somehow..
Might be the "Greatest" mode that confuses it.. I'm gonna experiment with "Average" and see.
keem85

04 Aug 2016, 05:40

I did what you said, and to my surprise vJoy didn't flinch at all.. So I came to the conclusion that the problem has to be my game.. Judging by past problems with FSX and P3D controller mapping, I knew that they periodically assign axis and button themselves, out of nowhere.. It's rediculous, but true.. So I went in to the options, and instead of opening vJoy, I opened the T-Rudder (Which is my T500RS pedals), and a weird axis named "Slider" had activated itself.. So vJoy was confusing itself with mr slider.. Problem solved :)
keem85

06 Aug 2016, 04:25

Hi again! I was just wondering, is it possible to make it so that UCR automatically detects my pedals when I have other periphals connected aswell? It doesn't work if I have my X55 Rhino HOTAS stick and throttle connected.. I have to disconnect these two every time, before opening UCR.. Once my pedals is detected by UCR, I can plug my x55s back in again. It's annoying over time :)
evilC

06 Aug 2016, 08:58

If the pedals are no longer reporting on the stick number and axis number(s) that they were after you plug in the X-55, then the X-55 is doing something to make the pedals change stick id and/or axis id.
Are the pedals Saitek? Do you have Saitek software installed that could be doing this?
What happens in the Windows Game Controllers menu when you plug in the X-55?
Use PJP JoyIDs to examine the state of the joystick IDs in the two configurations.

TL;DR: No, there is no way for UCR or UJR to support this, the problem is caused by your computer doing something dumb. Input devices should not change ID, so if your pedals are, you need to work out why.
keem85

06 Aug 2016, 09:33

Yeah I think that's happening. They change ID.. I have a T500RS pedal set. Is there a way to make them have a permanent ID maybe? :)
evilC

06 Aug 2016, 10:18

try using PJP JoyIDs to change the IDs.
eg if the pedals have a higher id than the stick, make it lower. If it's id is lower, make it higher.

Also, check your Saitek software and ask saitek support or on their forums why the pedals change ID.

Does the Saitek software not have something that merges all connected components of the HOTAS system onto one ID? If so, can it be disabled?
okarowarrior

28 Dec 2016, 02:06

Wel. i already managed to work the mouse with the vjoy (new version of Vjoy doenst have vGenInterface.dll and that was the problem)
Now the thing is i dont see how to make more than 1 analog stick inside vJoy. Do you know hoy? Because i only can make the Left analog with vJoy, thus only controlling that inside UCR. Thanks
Senteria

29 Dec 2016, 11:59

I have two old ps2 controllers plugged in through a device and I managed to get one controller to work with V-joy-> UJR but setting up the second one does not seem to be possible. I created the 2nd in Vjoy, but when changing vJoy stick ID in UJR, nothing changes, except for the ID #. So I either set it up for controller 1 or controller 2. I can't seem to have seperate settings for each and have both configured at the same time. Is this a bug or a design decission? Or is there something I'm missing?

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”