Pulover's Macro Creator v5.4.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

Pulover

Re: Macro Creator v4.1.1 - Automation Tool (Recorder & Write

22 Jan 2014, 07:40

click-click wrote:I'm getting a crash when I try and open a simple macro in XP. Note the extra green Checkmarks beside the
checkboxes.
Hummmm... I'll have to check that... not sure when but I'll put it in the list.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)
res1m

22 Jan 2014, 10:15

Can I convert and Play my AHK script to Macro Creator script?

Sorry for my bad english...
click-click

22 Jan 2014, 12:45

Pulover wrote:
click-click wrote:I'm getting a crash when I try and open a simple macro in XP. Note the extra green Checkmarks beside the
checkboxes.
The error is sporadic and is not specific to a certain macro. I recently opened another macro that crashed
when i tried to run it. The extra green arrows seem to be the common denominator when opening a macro.
If the extra green checkmarks do not appear, there is no crash. I have also seen the crash trying to simply
execute a macro in silent mode. If you need more information or if i can be of help debugging, let me know.
tfountain

24 Jan 2014, 14:54

I inadvertently posted a new topic instead of replying to this one (http://auto-hotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1661). Short question is I'm looking to generate a zero (left) padded string in a loop based off of the A_Index variable. Any thoughts? I'm using Macro Creator and was not planning on exporting to AHK for my immediate purposes (but will if I need to).
BigGreenBudz

26 Jan 2014, 18:22

I love how this program made AHK so much easier to use. My question though is: is there a way to create a hotkey to break for multiple macros ive got loaded up at once? Or is there a default button to use to stop the macros? Ive gotten stuck in endless loops quite a few times while screwing around.

If not can anyone help me out with my script? ive got it set to activate my game window, then do numerous button combos, with the macros loop number set to 0. At what part of the script would I add a statement adding a button to break out of the loop? Also what statement would i use?
Pulover

27 Jan 2014, 08:50

click-click wrote:
Pulover wrote:
checkboxes.
The error is sporadic and is not specific to a certain macro. I recently opened another macro that crashed
when i tried to run it. The extra green arrows seem to be the common denominator when opening a macro.
If the extra green checkmarks do not appear, there is no crash. I have also seen the crash trying to simply
execute a macro in silent mode. If you need more information or if i can be of help debugging, let me know.
Thanks for the info, click-click. This certainly won't be easy to fix, especially because I don't have easy access to a WinXP machine, but I'll see what I can do.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

27 Jan 2014, 09:04

tfountain wrote:I inadvertently posted a new topic instead of replying to this one (http://auto-hotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1661). Short question is I'm looking to generate a zero (left) padded string in a loop based off of the A_Index variable. Any thoughts? I'm using Macro Creator and was not planning on exporting to AHK for my immediate purposes (but will if I need to).
Hi,

Try this one:

Code: Select all

[PMC Code]|||1|Screen|1|Macro1
1|[LoopStart]|LoopStart|20|0|Loop|||||
2|[Assign Variable]|zeroBasedIndex := 00%A_Index%|1|0|Variable|||||
3|SubStr|zeroBasedIndex := %zeroBasedIndex%, -2|1|0|Function|||||
4|[MsgBox]|%zeroBasedIndex%|1|0|MsgBox|0||||
5|[LoopEnd]|LoopEnd|1|0|Loop|||||

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

27 Jan 2014, 09:06

BigGreenBudz wrote:I love how this program made AHK so much easier to use. My question though is: is there a way to create a hotkey to break for multiple macros ive got loaded up at once? Or is there a default button to use to stop the macros? Ive gotten stuck in endless loops quite a few times while screwing around.

If not can anyone help me out with my script? ive got it set to activate my game window, then do numerous button combos, with the macros loop number set to 0. At what part of the script would I add a statement adding a button to break out of the loop? Also what statement would i use?
Hi,

F8 is the default Stop Hotkey. If it's not visible for you, go to the View menu and show it (or select the default layout). F12 is the default hotkey to Pause.
Rodolfo U. Batista
WeThotUWasAToad

28 Jan 2014, 23:29

Hi,

Thanks for all the time and work to build Macro Creator.

Is there any way to run macros by clicking GUIs instead of hotkeys? I'm kinda surprised no one has done that already for AHK scripts (I haven't found it if they did).

If that's not a feature of Macro Creator now, is it something that could be added in a future update? There's a ton of mods for gamers to change their UI and lots of them let you build user-defined GUIs to put wherever you want on your UI. It would be sweet if you could do the same thing in Windows. Maybe it could be coded so that any macros you make can be run by pressing a hotkey OR by clicking a GUI button.

Instead of trying to remember hotkeys for scripts, imo it would be a lot easier to hold down a single key or mouse over something and have it bring up however many buttons you want. If the buttons were user-defined (size, position, images & text, etc.) like in the mods, it would be easy to remember each one.

I'm not a programmer and I'm a noob at ahk so I don't know how hard all that would be but it sure would be awesome!

Thanks
A ------------------------------ [A LOT OF SPACE] ------------------------------ LOT

"ALOT" is not a word. It never has been a word and it never will be a word.
"A LOT" is 2 words. Remember it as though there's [A LOT OF SPACE] between them.
Pulover

29 Jan 2014, 04:07

WeThotUWasAToad wrote:Hi,

Thanks for all the time and work to build Macro Creator.

Is there any way to run macros by clicking GUIs instead of hotkeys? I'm kinda surprised no one has done that already for AHK scripts (I haven't found it if they did).

If that's not a feature of Macro Creator now, is it something that could be added in a future update? There's a ton of mods for gamers to change their UI and lots of them let you build user-defined GUIs to put wherever you want on your UI. It would be sweet if you could do the same thing in Windows. Maybe it could be coded so that any macros you make can be run by pressing a hotkey OR by clicking a GUI button.

Instead of trying to remember hotkeys for scripts, imo it would be a lot easier to hold down a single key or mouse over something and have it bring up however many buttons you want. If the buttons were user-defined (size, position, images & text, etc.) like in the mods, it would be easy to remember each one.

I'm not a programmer and I'm a noob at ahk so I don't know how hard all that would be but it sure would be awesome!

Thanks
Hi,

There's already a GUI to play macros, it's the Control's Toolbar (Ctrl+B). But if you want a custom interface it would be very easy to build and wouldn't take long for you to learn how.
If you want to use an exported script just make the gLabels point to the macros labels, or if you want to execute them from PMC itself make the gLabels Send the hotkeys and put the following code in the auto-execute section.

#InputLevel, 1
SendLevel, 1
Rodolfo U. Batista
sibermage

29 Jan 2014, 13:28

Hi,

Is there anyway to create a dynamic variable in PMC?

I looked at the example in the AHK commands section for Loop (Parse) when reading from the clipboard.
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/LoopParse.htm

The AHK Script is:

Loop, Parse, clipboard, CSV
{
	MsgBox, 4, , 
	(LTrim
	File number %A_Index% is %A_LoopField%.

Continue?

)
	IfMsgBox, No
	{
		Break
	}
}
When trying to create a Variable, an error message occurs saying Invalid Character when trying to use a %.

What I would like to do is read a csv or a set of values from the clipboard separated by commas, and assign each entry as a variable.
As %A_Index% increases, a variable VAR%%A_Index% would be created and assigned the value of %A_LoopField%.

This would all be inside the loop.

Thanks,
Pulover

29 Jan 2014, 13:34

sibermage wrote:Hi,

Is there anyway to create a dynamic variable in PMC?
Not in this way, but you can save all values to a variable (using the Concatenate operator [.=]) and then split the text using the StringSplit command, this will create numerated variables.
Rodolfo U. Batista
scripts

29 Jan 2014, 20:57

Hi - is there any way to add AHK script manually to PMC? When I hit preview ( Ctrl + P), I can put my cursor in the right hand box, where it shows you the AHK version of the script. It seems like I ought to be able to edit it there, but I can't input any text. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Pulover

30 Jan 2014, 14:11

scripts wrote:Hi - is there any way to add AHK script manually to PMC? When I hit preview ( Ctrl + P), I can put my cursor in the right hand box, where it shows you the AHK version of the script. It seems like I ought to be able to edit it there, but I can't input any text. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Hi, PMC cannot read ahk scripts, nor can you edit them from it. It would be practically impossible to parse a script back to PMC, but you can save a copy of the pmc code in the exported ahk for backup.
Rodolfo U. Batista
tfountain

31 Jan 2014, 11:33

Hello again! First, thanks for the help with getting a zero padded string. I ended up using SubStr via a function command with these parameters

00%A_Index%, -1
Worked like a charm!

Now my next question. I have to automate configuring a 3rd party application and lets just say there are literally hundreds of settings across a hundred different screens. Most of the screens are lists that I can toggle attributes for. Right now the best I can do is create a script in PMC and get it done in about 2 hours, 40 minutes. I'm looking to reduce that significantly. Unfortunately I cannot use the various control options since this third party application does not expose the internal control names. All forms just appear as one "widget" class regardless of what control is actually selected. With this I have resorted to leveraging keystrokes (mainly via input shortcuts, tabs, etc.). I'm trying to stay away from mouse clicks as they seem to be clunky in my situation.

Now my question is this, are there any shortcuts or tips for getting these strokes sent and processed by my windows as fast as possible? Right now I've been able to issue multiple Text (with commands) using a 325 ms delay. Attached is one of my scripts (this one will run 52 times with an internal loop of 37 times).

[PMC Code]|||52|Window|1|Configure_Security
1|WinActivate||1|333|WinActivate||Application Security Dialog - [Edit Security Group]|||
2|WinWaitActive||1|333|WinWaitActive||Application Security Dialog - [Edit Security Group]|||
3|[Text]|{Click 88`, 508}{Tab}|1|100|Send|||||
4|[Text]|Default Event Name{Enter}|1|100|Send|||||
5|[LoopStart]|LoopStart|1|0|Loop|||||
6|[Text]|!{o 2}{Tab 2}{Down}|1|325|Send|||Select next event in dropdown||
7|[Text]|!{p}{Home}^{a}!{r}{Space}|1|325|Send|||Add Privilege : RW : Default All||
8|[Text]|!{p}{Down}{Up}!{l}|1|325|Send|||Add Privilege : RO : Task By||
9|[Text]|!{p}{Down}!{l}|1|325|Send|||Add Privilege : RO : Date||
10|[Text]|!{p}{Down}!{d}|1|325|Send|||Add Privilege : H : Comment||
11|[Text]|!{p}{Down}!{l}|1|325|Send|||Add Privilege : RO : Task Name||
12|[Text]|!{p}{Down 3}!{l}|1|325|Send|||Add Privilege : RO : Owner||
13|[Text]|!{g}{Home}^{a}!/l}{Space}|1|325|Send|||Edit Privilege : RW : Default All||
14|[Text]|!{g}{Down}{Up}!{a}|1|325|Send|||Edit Privilege : RO : Task By||
15|[Text]|!{g}{Down}!{a}|1|325|Send|||Edit Privilege : RO : Date||
16|[Text]|!{g}{Down}!{i}|1|325|Send|||Edit Privilege : H : Comment||
17|[Text]|!{g}{Down}!{a}|1|325|Send|||Edit Privilege : RO : Task Name||
18|[Text]|!{g}{Down 3}!{a}|1|325|Send|||Edit Privilege : RO : Owner||
19|[LoopEnd]|LoopEnd|1|0|Loop|||||
I am open to other options / techniques to get this processed as fast as possible.
dytanaka

10 Feb 2014, 17:26

Hey Rudolfo,

Is a way to create a gui with the connect buttons for the com elements and ie com elements? These three screens all have separate connect buttons. I would like to combine them into one gui so I can distribute it.

Thanks

David
Attachments
connect 3.png
connect 1.png
connect 1.png
Pulover

11 Feb 2014, 04:30

tfountain wrote:Hello again! First, thanks for the help with getting a zero padded string. I ended up using SubStr via a function command with these parameters

00%A_Index%, -1
Worked like a charm!

Now my next question. I have to automate configuring a 3rd party application and lets just say there are literally hundreds of settings across a hundred different screens. Most of the screens are lists that I can toggle attributes for. Right now the best I can do is create a script in PMC and get it done in about 2 hours, 40 minutes. I'm looking to reduce that significantly. Unfortunately I cannot use the various control options since this third party application does not expose the internal control names. All forms just appear as one "widget" class regardless of what control is actually selected. With this I have resorted to leveraging keystrokes (mainly via input shortcuts, tabs, etc.). I'm trying to stay away from mouse clicks as they seem to be clunky in my situation.

Now my question is this, are there any shortcuts or tips for getting these strokes sent and processed by my windows as fast as possible? Right now I've been able to issue multiple Text (with commands) using a 325 ms delay. Attached is one of my scripts (this one will run 52 times with an internal loop of 37 times).

I am open to other options / techniques to get this processed as fast as possible.
Hi tfountain,

Sorry about the late reply. Well, for what I see there isn't any way to make it faster and precise... It depends much on the application you are trying to work with. When it has exposed controls and you can interact using Control commands (or even COM in some cases) you're life can become much easier, but when there's nothing in that level to use you need to find the best adjustments with clicks, sends, winactivate and sleeps. You'll basically have to try different approaches until you find the best one for that app.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

11 Feb 2014, 05:40

dytanaka wrote:Hey Rudolfo,

Is a way to create a gui with the connect buttons for the com elements and ie com elements? These three screens all have separate connect buttons. I would like to combine them into one gui so I can distribute it.

Thanks

David
Hi David,

Not sure I understand what you want, but if you mean to use AHK to programmatically interact with those buttons you can, but you want to create another gui inside the program, then you'd have to modify the source code...
Rodolfo U. Batista
Bugs

16 Feb 2014, 21:32

Rudolfo,

I am trying to learn AutoHotKey and at the same I am trying to learn Macro Creator. Needless to say there is a problem in trying to do both since I cannot examine .ahk files in Macro Creator.
I am looking for .pmc sample files to learn from. I figure I can look at them in MC and then convert them to .ahk

Any advice about how I approach this would be appreciated.

I understand that you have limited time for teaching and tutorials, but I can't help but think a set of sample .pmc files could be very helpful and you might have such files ready at hand.
Pulover

17 Feb 2014, 07:03

Hi Bugs,

I have some examples in the help file, you can download them here http://www.macrocreator.com/docs/Examples/ but there are just too many situations to cover, I cannot preview what each user will do with the program and like you said already I'm currently very short on time.

Don't forget you can use the 'Find a command' button to quickly go to a any command. If you need help to convert a specific ahk script, post it here and I'll try to help.
Rodolfo U. Batista

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”