WinExist not recognizing Outlook pop-up Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
timg11

WinExist not recognizing Outlook pop-up

09 Dec 2016, 16:56

I use a Loop in Autohotkey to close various dialogs. I have a working section of code that looks like this to identify a specific pop-up window and send Enter:

Code: Select all

If WinExist("ahk_exe treesize.exe") and WinExist("ahk_class TMessageForm") and WinExist("Error")
			{
			WinActivate, Error
			Send {Enter} ;  OK to dialog
			Sleep 10
			}
I tried adding a similar structured code segment for the Outlook pop-up:

If WinExist("ahk_exe OUTLOOK.EXE") and WinExist("ahk_class 32770") and WinExist("Microsoft Outlook") 
			{
			WinActivate, Microsoft Outlook
			Send !a
			Send {Tab}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Tab}
			Sleep 10
			}
This code does not work. It does not act when the window appears.
Here's the window spy results and the window itself.
Image Link: http://imgur.com/jVUQz16

What am I missing?

Re: WinExist not recognizing Outlook pop-up

10 Dec 2016, 05:23

Try

Title := "Microsoft Outlook" . " " . "ahk_class 32770" . " " . "ahk_exe OUTLOOK.EXE"

If WinExist(Title) {
	WinWait      , % Title
	WinActivate  , % Title
	WinWaitActive, % Title
	Send, !a
	Send, {Tab}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Tab}
	Send, {Enter}  ; OK to dialog
	Sleep, 10
}
Return
timg11

Re: WinExist not recognizing Outlook pop-up  Topic is solved

10 Dec 2016, 14:53

@Guest, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it does not work. I edited my script and inserted your code.
I got the same result. The window appears, but AutoHotKey is not triggered to send the keys.

I kept playing around, and found that it will work if I remove the ahk_class qualifier.
I was worried that other Outlook windows would incorrectly trigger the AHK script, so I wanted to make it specific as possible.

So this code works and detects the dialog:

If WinExist("ahk_exe OUTLOOK.EXE") and WinExist("Microsoft Outlook") 
			{
			Send !a
			Sleep 10
			}
The problem here is this code triggers all the time - when Outlook runs or displays other dialogs it executed. There needs to be further qualification but distinguishing by ahk_class doesn't work.
After reading the help for WinExist, which says "WinText: If present, this parameter must be a substring from a single text element of the target window (as revealed by the included Window Spy utility)," I thought about adding a qualification for the button text such as Deny:

If WinExist("ahk_exe OUTLOOK.EXE") and WinExist("Deny")  and WinExist("Microsoft Outlook") 
			{
			Send !a
			Sleep 10
			}
But this does not work - the window is not detected.

I may be confused by the multiple forms of syntax for WinExist. The help shows this form:

IfWinExist [, WinTitle, WinText,  ExcludeTitle, ExcludeText]
but in the example, we see this form:

if WinExist("ahk_class Notepad") or WinExist("ahk_class" . ClassName)
I can't find the specific syntax and usage for the second form. Maybe the use of WinText is not supported in the second form:

WinExist("Deny")

10 Dec 2016, 16:46

timg11 wrote:Unfortunately it does not work. I edited my script and inserted your code.
I use this a lot and it works.

Title := "Microsoft Outlook" . " " . "ahk_class 32770" . " " . "ahk_exe OUTLOOK.EXE"

WinWait      , % Title
WinActivate  , % Title
WinWaitActive, % Title
Send, !a
Send, {Tab}{Down 4}{Tab}
Send, {Enter}  ; OK to dialog
Sleep, 10
lexikos

10 Dec 2016, 18:36

timg11,

The syntax for WinExist() is shown at the top, under the syntax for IfWinNotExist.

The examples and your code call WinExist() multiple times and combine the results with logical-OR or logical-AND. These are only valid in expressions. IF with a function() call is automatically If-expression.

Calling WinExist() multiple times and combining with logical-AND will only tell you if a window matching each criteria exists; it will not verify that all three are the same window. For your first example, if WinExist("Error ahk_exe treesize.exe ahk_class TMessageForm") would tell you if a single window matching all three criteria exists. The window title must come first. This is exactly the same as IfWinExist, Error ahk_exe treesize.exe ahk_class TMessageForm.

The first parameter of WinExist() is clearly WinTitle. It can't be both WinTitle and WinText. WinText is the second parameter.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”