Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
evilC

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.8 16th Dec 2016

19 Dec 2016, 20:40

@Teek - it sounds like you are doing the right thing. In UCR, under the main menu, IOClasses->vJoy and show the log. Does all report OK?

I have started encountering the issue encountered in this post, namely this error:

It seems to be caused by the bind mode activating it's hotkeys briefly while starting up, causing it to interrupt the startup process.
A fix has been implemented.

I have also come across an issue when changing to a profile (including when starting UCR) which contains inputs bound to sticks which are not connected.
You end up with a black screen and UCR freezes. The cause seems to be that polling sticks which are not connected using GetKeyState locks up UCR.
Hell, it seems that even declaring a hotkey such as 8Joy1 to a stick which are not connected now seems to stop a UCR profile from loading, which I am not sure was the case before - I need to try another PC to check. This all started happening after I forgot to plug my pedals in for rocket league and started UCR. UCR went bang, and now ever since that I am seeing these errors.
Teek37

20 Dec 2016, 00:14

@EvilC

Yes, I have received that message when I start (usually twice in a row and then it goes away.) Didn't think much of it since it didn't seem to stop UCR from starting up.

I also receive the following error message twice before I start. After the second time it goes away and then UCR opens.

Also, when I tried to open a vJoy log, I received the following message:

I have downloaded the new version, was previously running 0.1.7, though it still seems to be giving me the same messages, and I'm still not seeing my input register in vJoy. I've tried a few times to unplug and replug the joysticks (Saitek X-55 throttle and stick if I hadn't mentioned it before) and reinstall drivers, and that hasn't done much. I did copy over the configuration file for UCR when I installed the new version, just so I didn't have to recreate the profile. Seemed to work, but let me know if that might interfere with the new updates fixing any problems. I really haven't encountered any freezing or display issues, in fact aside from the few error pop ups and this connection issue with vJoy, it has otherwise worked pretty smoothly.
ErAzOr

21 Dec 2016, 17:43

Hi,

first of all: Thank you so much for this tool.

I haven't found the option to map profiles to specific applications, like descibed on github:
Profiles will be able to be linked to a specific application - when that application gets the focus, the profile becomes active.

Can you help me?

Thank you
Teek37

23 Dec 2016, 00:34

@EvilC - Great news, I think I managed to sort it out. Looking through a few of your earlier posts, I did read about how vJoy 2.1.8 was missing the vGenInterface.dll component. Sure enough, I was using 2.1.8 and it was also missing that component. I tried going back to 2.1.7, but the drivers seemed to be getting messed up. Not even a total uninstall, and using cmd to delete vJoy drivers helped. So instead, I copied the vGenInterface.dll from the x86 folder of the 2.1.7 version and copied it into the folders for 2.1.8, then removed 2.1.7. I ran UCR and sure enough, my vJoy controller in the USB hub is now picking up everything from UCR (well, there's an issue with Hats and a rotation axis is acting very odd, but I can get past those. I'm still figuring out how to configure it in my games, but so far it seems to be working. I'll post an update if I run into any more issues. Thanks again for the help.
evilC

24 Dec 2016, 08:45

Big news for users of UCR and other virtual joystick solutions...

Shaul has ceased development of vJoy.
2.1.8 (Or maybe 2.1.9 if he bumps version to fix missing dll) will be the last version.

However, there is a new player in town. Nefarius is starting to release versions of ViGEm.
Nefarius wrote the SCPVBus, which is a virtual USB bus - it's what powers the vXBox part of vJoy, making it easy to virtualize USB devices in general, opening the door to being able to emulate just about anything.
There are also some other interesting associated projects, especially "HidGuardian" which can hide physical "HID" devices (Joysticks, keyboards, mice etc) from all games, so this should allow us to do true remapping of any type of controller: Use HidGuardian to hide the physical controller, and make a virtual version appear on the virtual USB bus with the required changes. Even windows does not see the original device - the physical controller is gone from the windows joystick control panel - Amazing stuff.
evilC

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.9 26th Dec 2016

26 Dec 2016, 17:07

New version released
Happy Holidays all!

Oh, and by the way, Shaul has a new release (2.1.8.33) here: https://github.com/shauleiz/vJoy/releases/tag/v2.1.8.33
It doesn't appear to be the main version available for download yet though, so beware!

Code: Select all

Key:
! : Warning
* : Comment
= : Change / Fix
+ : Added feature

0.1.9 - 26th Dec 2016
= Fix for disconnected sticks causing massive CPU usage
  When a profile loads, it checks which sticks are connected.
  Bindings for disconnected sticks will not be activated.
  If you plug in the stick, try forcing a profile reload.
  An easy way is by switching to global profile and then back
okarowarrior

28 Dec 2016, 01:30

So. get me this straight: Can you or can you not map a keyboard or mouse to a virtual joystick (vjoy) :( . I can do this inside UCR, but it makes no response on the vjoy Monitor or windows monitor. :(
evilC

28 Dec 2016, 05:03

When you say vJoy, do you mean vJoy or vXBox?
Also, what version of vJoy are you using? Be aware that the latest released version is missing files. For now, use the link in my last post.
raron

29 Dec 2016, 16:59

okarowarrior wrote:So. get me this straight: Can you or can you not map a keyboard or mouse to a virtual joystick (vjoy) :( . I can do this inside UCR, but it makes no response on the vjoy Monitor or windows monitor. :(
I have the same issue of vJoy seemingly not being remapped from the latest UCR (Alpha 0.1.9). I can't see any response in vJoy monitor or in Control Panel - Game Controllers properties either. So I use an older one (Alpha 0.0.15) which I've used a while and that works great. Currently I haven't updated vJoy in a while either, I'm using this version: vJoy 2.1.6.20-030216 (But I'm sure other newer ones also works).

Also btw, the controller names is missing in UCR Alpha 0.1.9. (Other than those minor bugs, UCR is a great tool!)

HidGuardian seems interesting, it would make assigning virtual controllers easier without getting double inputs for example.
One question though (I haven't tried it yet): Will UCR still recognize a real controller if it's hidden from Windows?

31 Dec 2016, 12:46

Is there any way to make UCR or UJR work with unity engine games?

31 Dec 2016, 14:20

evilC wrote:That's a little ambiguous. What is the output? Keyboard? Mouse? Joystick?
Both joystick and keyboard, the game will detect the input twice and sometimes in the game it's stuck inputting down arrows
thieftheodore

31 Dec 2016, 23:18

Guest wrote:
evilC wrote:That's a little ambiguous. What is the output? Keyboard? Mouse? Joystick?
Both joystick and keyboard, the game will detect the input twice and sometimes in the game it's stuck inputting down arrows
I have the same problem and it's likely caused by unity engine game doesn't really work well with vjoy. So unless Unity fixed it (it's unlikely though since the problem happening since few years ago and no fix till today) or UCR have alternatives other than using vjoy the problem won't be fixed.

Sorry for my bad english
evilC

01 Jan 2017, 03:29

thieftheodore wrote:
Guest wrote:
I have the same problem and it's likely caused by unity engine game doesn't really work well with vjoy.
Sometimes stuck inputting down arrows? Can you elaborate?
It's all still rather vague. I can't begin to guess what might be wrong unless I know which plugins you are using to map what inputs to what outputs, and in what way each of them is failing.
I see no reason why joystick output should not work perfectly with unity games.
You may have trouble getting the game to take input from the vJoy stick and not a physical stick that you are using to feed the vJoy stick (Which is often worked around by starting the game without your physical stick plugged in), but otherwise there shouldn't be any issues.
thieftheodore

01 Jan 2017, 08:59

evilC wrote:Sometimes stuck inputting down arrows? Can you elaborate?
It's all still rather vague. I can't begin to guess what might be wrong unless I know which plugins you are using to map what inputs to what outputs, and in what way each of them is failing.
the game keep scrolling down even though I did not touch my joystick at all
evilC wrote:I see no reason why joystick output should not work perfectly with unity games.
for my understanding unity games had a problem with vjoy driver maybe this can explain it better https://steamcommunity.com/app/441830/d ... _deleted=1
evilC wrote:You may have trouble getting the game to take input from the vJoy stick and not a physical stick that you are using to feed the vJoy stick (Which is often worked around by starting the game without your physical stick plugged in), but otherwise there shouldn't be any issues.
the game recognize my physical stick input but the button layout is messed up e.g start button mapped to right bumper etc. That's why i'm using ujr and ucr remapper plugin hoping to fix this issue. also i've tried starting the game first without plugging my controller but still get the same result
evilC

01 Jan 2017, 14:01

The post you linked seems to be indicating that the problem is that if you start the game with vJoy enabled, the game will only take input from vJoy (Probably since it defaults to device ID 1) and ignores input from keyboard etc at the start screen - If you are not feeding vJoy at the time you would be unable to play the game.

That's about a million miles from "UCR / vJoy does not work with Unity games" - the problem that all of those people were having with vJoy is not that it didn't work, it was that it DID work, and ONLY vJoy worked, but they were not using vJoy at the time.
thieftheodore

02 Jan 2017, 02:02

evilC wrote:The post you linked seems to be indicating that the problem is that if you start the game with vJoy enabled, the game will only take input from vJoy (Probably since it defaults to device ID 1) and ignores input from keyboard etc at the start screen - If you are not feeding vJoy at the time you would be unable to play the game.
like i've said before the game still take input from keyboard and gamepad (messed up layout). but vjoy driver will make the game move down themselves
evilC wrote:That's about a million miles from "UCR / vJoy does not work with Unity games" - the problem that all of those people were having with vJoy is not that it didn't work, it was that it DID work, and ONLY vJoy worked, but they were not using vJoy at the time.
It's not only happening in that game though, maybe these links can explain it better then "
http://answers.unity3d.com/comments/556634/view.html
http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/54 ... games.html
https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/fps-c ... wn.110917/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/243220/d ... 594627847/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1757 ... 5#19384395
http://flowstormgame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32
and more google search can bring you more of the same probelm
evilC

02 Jan 2017, 05:40

That sounds like the game is interpreting the vJoy stick as an XBox pad.
With an XBox pad, some of the axes rest at one end (ie the triggers), not in the middle, so if an axis is actually a "normal" one, or not present, the game interprets the axis as moved, and you will see this behavior.

Change to emulating vXBox instead of vJoy and this will stop.
Or use an "Axis Initializer" plugin to fix the trigger axes (5 + 6 I think off the top of my head) to rest at 0.

Again, nothing to to with vJoy "Not working" in unity games, just a mis-configuration.
thieftheodore

02 Jan 2017, 11:17

evilC wrote:That sounds like the game is interpreting the vJoy stick as an XBox pad.
With an XBox pad, some of the axes rest at one end (ie the triggers), not in the middle, so if an axis is actually a "normal" one, or not present, the game interprets the axis as moved, and you will see this behavior.

Change to emulating vXBox instead of vJoy and this will stop.
Or use an "Axis Initializer" plugin to fix the trigger axes (5 + 6 I think off the top of my head) to rest at 0.

Again, nothing to to with vJoy "Not working" in unity games, just a mis-configuration.
unfortunately changing to emulating vXBox does nothing (not even button layout change) and I've tried Axis Initializer and Vjoy and tried every combination Axes rest to 0 but the problem still persists

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”