Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
keem85

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.9 26th Dec 2016

07 Jan 2017, 09:34

I have vJoy 2.1.8. Is that the old version not supported? :)
keem85

07 Jan 2017, 14:13

Nope not present there. Maybe that's the issue?
Chic

07 Jan 2017, 21:09

keem85 wrote:Do you guys know anything about the problem I'm facing? I have the correct output of error here now: "Error. A SubMenu with the name vJoy already exists in this menu". It's popping up 8 times before I am allowed to enter.. Also there is no output to my vJoy axis.... vJoy is working fine when I test it with the vJoy-feeder.

I'm getting this same error message when I try to install UCR for the first time. BTW, I was running AHK but uninstalled it prior to attempting the UCR install.

Thank you
Chic

07 Jan 2017, 22:14

SOLVED: Disregard previous post. I just pounded it into submission. Just repeatedly exited error message till it went through.
thieftheodore

08 Jan 2017, 12:33

evilC wrote:Yup, that's the right HidGuardian. I have not played with it myself, but I have been in discussion with the author Nefarius and it is definitely the solution we are looking for.
As you can probably see from the checkin dates, it is all still rather new and currently undergoing testing.
Ideally I would like to make it all transparently integrated with UCR, but that may be a while off, I have no idea until I know what will be involved.

I will try and have a play with it soon and see if I can get it to work with UCR.
unfortunately ucr doesn't work with HidGuardian for now (obviously), here's hoping it will working in near future :D
evilC

08 Jan 2017, 14:52

I had a screencast with Nefarius the other night, and we got it working on my system.
Turns out you needed some other reg keys present, so he squashed that bug - current versions should work.

So UCR *does* work with HidGuardian at the moment, it's just that on it's own, HidGuardian blocks all apps from a given stick - it even disappears from the windows joystick control panel.
As far as I know, the part that allows some things to see a stick, but not others is called Cerberus, though I have not played with that yet.
So at the moment I know how to use HidGuardian to hide a stick from everything, I just need to learn how to use Cerberus to let UCR see the stick.

This is all very new, and not ready for end-user consumption yet. By all means try out Nefarius' code and help report bugs, but bear in mind that for now you have to enter unsigned driver mode etc.
keem85

08 Jan 2017, 16:00

It's still not working. I think there must be something wrong with UCR. I'm using UCR 0.1.9. Error messages are gone though, but no output is recognized in the vJoy feeder..
keem85

11 Jan 2017, 15:57

I'm trying to emulate regular vJoy.. I used to use my T500RS pedals as one axis for flight sim. Not sure what the SCPVbus is? I didn't use that before.. I chose vJoy in the output menu of UCR, but it's not working..
It works when I test it via the feeder though, so I know vJoy is working itself.
evilC

11 Jan 2017, 16:14

OK, you can forget about the SCPVBus, that is only needed for Virtual XBox controllers.

In the UCR Main menu, go to IOClasses -> vJoy -> Show vJoy Log - it will copy some stuff to your clipboard. Post it here.

It's likely to be one of two things - either you are missing vGenInterface.dll (Bad release of vJoy), or the vJoy registry entries have not been put in the correct place, so UCR cannot find vGenInterface.dll (An intermittent issue with the vJoy installer). In both of these cases the vJoy demo feeder will work, because it lives in the same folder as vJoy, and uses the old interface (vJoyInterface.dll)

If the cause of your problem is either of these issues, the log I asked for will tell us.
keem85

14 Jan 2017, 19:38

Hi there

Here's my log:
vJoy Install Detected. Trying to load vGenInterface.dll...
Checking C:\Program Files\vJoy\x86\vGenInterface.dll... FOUND.
Trying to load.. OK.
Checking driver enabled... OK.
Loaded vJoy DLL version 536
SCPVBus is not installed (Non fatal)
evilC

15 Jan 2017, 07:01

Hmm, well UCR is loading the vJoy DLL just fine, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
Out of curiosity, try installing the SCPVBus from the same menu, then select a vXBox stick as the output. Do you hear a sound and then a virtual XBox controller appears?
keem85

15 Jan 2017, 13:40

very strange. nothing happens when I click install there.Is there a way to completely remove vJoy before installing it again?
Steriker

18 Jan 2017, 22:19

Hi, I'm trying to bind my mouse to a virtual xbox controllers joystick but it doesn't seem to work. I also can't install SCPVBus from the UCR Main menu -> IOClasses -> vJoy, when I press it nothing happens.

I've installed vJoy from https://github.com/shauleiz/vJoy/releases/tag/v2.1.8.33 and tried disabling vJoy from the vJoyConf.
evilC

19 Jan 2017, 05:37

If SCPVBus is not installed, vXBox will not work.
If You cannot install it via the UCR, menu, open a command prompt as Admin and browse to the Resources\ScpVBus folder in the UCR folder.

Then execute:
devcon.exe install ScpVBus.inf root\ScpVBus

24 Jan 2017, 15:23

Ok i know what i looking for
I want to press keyboard button to simulate stick when i press button for 1ms the axis move a little but when i hold this button for 5ms the mouvement on axis accélérateur for example

I try incremental but I have not enough accelerate effect :it accelerate slowly and axis mouvement dont reset
I try helgef plugin with decay and accélération but I didnt succeed to configure this : I try accélération option but I see no effect
So is it possible to apply inertia on axis to create fast accélération and fast decay ? Because decay is too slow for me

I know is a but confusing ^^ I hope that anyone understand ^^
evilC

24 Jan 2017, 17:39

Hehe, it's so hard to describe exactly what you want in this scenario, especially with language barriers thrown in.
I had trouble understanding Helgef's plugin also, again probably due to looking at things a different way.

It sounds like you want what I originally had in mind - not incremental mode, but it does not go to max straight away, it eases in.
ie it behaves in the same way as many driving games behave if played on keyboard - the wheels do not go to max as soon as you touch the key, it (fairly quickly) builds up, and then decays away when you release the key.

It's on my to-do list...
Helgef

25 Jan 2017, 10:28

Guest wrote:Ok i know what i looking for
I want to press keyboard button to simulate stick when i press button for 1ms the axis move a little but when i hold this button for 5ms the mouvement on axis accélérateur for example
This sound exactly what I tried to make with the acceleration option, and I think it works.
Guest wrote: I try incremental but I have not enough accelerate effect :it accelerate slowly and axis mouvement dont reset
I try helgef plugin with decay and accélération but I didnt succeed to configure this : I try accélération option but I see no effect
So is it possible to apply inertia on axis to create fast accélération and fast decay ? Because decay is too slow for me

I know is a but confusing ^^ I hope that anyone understand ^^
Acceleration is for incremental mode, to enable small adjustment set it to a low %, then for maximum acceleration, set inertia 0 and untick (deselect) the Cap the option. For instant decay, set step 50, and delay 0.
I should have added an optional factor for the acceleration to enabling quicker acceleration. Also, you can increase your keyboards key-autorepeat speed to make it faster ;)
evilC wrote: I had trouble understanding Helgef's plugin also, again probably due to looking at things a different way.

It sounds like you want what I originally had in mind - not incremental mode, but it does not go to max straight away, it eases in.
ie it behaves in the same way as many driving games behave if played on keyboard - the wheels do not go to max as soon as you touch the key, it (fairly quickly) builds up, and then decays away when you release the key.
Couldn't you see any effect of the acceleration? My acceleration is meant to, and it works for me as I intended, increase the increments as you hold the key (or quickly taps), i.e., you set a small increment for fine adjustments, while holding will let you quickly increase the deflection.
I think understand what you mean now, about the build up, but still, I wonder, with decay, do you mean going back to center or that the build up speed decays as it approaches max? My decay is meant to go back to center when key is released, and it does for both incremental and normal mode.

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”