SciTE4AutoHotkey Beta with AutoHotkey v2 Support

Discuss the future of the AutoHotkey language
fincs

SciTE4AutoHotkey Beta with AutoHotkey v2 Support

15 Mar 2014, 14:15

A beta version of upcoming SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.0.05 is now available for download. This version introduces support for the AutoHotkey v2 language (amongst other things which involve an easier/clearer style system):

Download (installer only - if there's enough demand I'll upload a Portable version)
Source code

Changelog:
Spoiler
In order to enable AutoHotkey v2 support, %AutoHotkeyDir%\v2-alpha\x86\AutoHotkey.exe (or x64) must exist. After this, select the v2 platform using the platform selector Image, and .ahk files will now be detected as AHK v2 files (takes immediate effect, does not require restart).
The lexer used to process AutoHotkey v2 scripts is the one that was described in "Scintilla AHK v2 Lexer sneak peek", with some bugfixes. The following items are still not completed:
  • Proper hotkey detection (hotstrings and labels already done)
  • (-based continuation sections
AutoComplete/Calltips in AutoHotkey v2 code are functional, however BIFs (this also includes ex-commands) are not yet included in the list (however they are already highlighted differently). The reason for this is that I don't know which is the best way to list them: using traditional command syntax or function syntax. (I'm leaning towards the latter, however I want to hear public opinion on this). That is, which of these will be shown in the calltips:

Code: Select all

MsgBox [, Options, Title, Text, Timeout]
MsgBox([Options, Title, Text, Timeout])
A still missing feature which I intend to add in v3.0.05 is a graphical style editor. The refactoring that is necessary to implement this has already been done, so it's now just a matter of writing the actual editor.

Note: Lexikos' AutoComplete.lua requires some changes to function with AutoHotkey v2 code. I've uploaded a modified version so that Lexikos himself can fix it. Additionally it's now in Extension format (*hint* *hint*). There's also another bug when using this script in which switching from v1 to v2 (and viceversa) without restarting does not clear the word cache, causing AutoComplete to still display the old word list (however calltips are unaffected). I have not managed to fix this.
fincs
Windows 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB of RAM | AutoHotkey v2.0.0 + v1.1.36.02
Get SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0 - [My project list]
joedf

Re: SciTE4AutoHotkey Beta with AutoHotkey v2 Support

15 Mar 2014, 14:49

Oh cool! ill try it, ill post back here if i find any bugs or issues, great work! ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
fincs

Re: SciTE4AutoHotkey Beta with AutoHotkey v2 Support

23 Mar 2014, 13:48

fincs
Windows 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB of RAM | AutoHotkey v2.0.0 + v1.1.36.02
Get SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0 - [My project list]

Return to “AutoHotkey Development”