CAE: Certified AutoHotkey Engineer

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
joedf

Re: CAE: Certified AutoHotkey Engineer

09 Oct 2013, 10:37

@guest3456 you're silly ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Eedis

09 Oct 2013, 14:31

I would suggest have a 100 question test going over many different specifics of the certification. If the person had passed the test with an 80% or higher, they receive their certification. The certification would have to have a signing official (Lexikos?) to notorize the certification. Also, I would suggest the test be administered on a cost basis so as to prevent people from taking it over and over, memerizing the questions and answers until they get it right. Whatever money the testing produces can go towards AHK related things.

Also, there could be levels of the certification in which you'd have to complete the first in order to take the test for the next level. This way we can raise more money for the foundation and the forum as a whole. Also, suggest cut off times in which the person would have to re-new the certification.

There should also be a database to keep track of the people with the certification so that jobs and business owners will have a POC to verify the certification.

Certified AutoHotkey Associate - Basics
Certified AutoHotkey Engineer - More advanced (COM, RegEx)
Certified AutoHotkey Professional - Complex (DllCall, PostMessage)
Certified AutoHotkey Developer - Developing AHK (Closer look at the interpreter)
Science is not about answering questions; it's about finding new questions to ask.
joedf

09 Oct 2013, 18:49

Yes basically you're saying if i understand C/C++ Very well, i'm certified.. Sorta :P
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Eedis

09 Oct 2013, 19:54

joedf wrote:Yes basically you're saying if i understand C/C++ Very well, i'm certified.. Sorta :P
If you make your way through the tiers of certification, then sure! But, you have to be certified in the one prior before you can take the test for the next.
Science is not about answering questions; it's about finding new questions to ask.
nnnik

09 Oct 2013, 23:31

If there's money involved i'll probably never take the test.
More like this:
You're only allowed to take the test once in a year.(Just make the test once a Year)
Also the test isn't a test to simply test your knowledge.
It would be too difficult to find out if somebody looked at MSDN or things like that.
It's more about testing whether they know where to get there Information from or not.
Recommends AHK Studio
joedf

09 Oct 2013, 23:59

@thats true, no programmer knows everything by heart, if not,
Bugs as we know it wouldn't even exist.
Eedis

10 Oct 2013, 00:22

joedf wrote:@thats true, no programmer knows everything by heart, if not,
I guess in that case, the tests could present a problem and you would then have to solve it with a script. But like the programming puzzles and competitions and such. The different tiers of puzzles would incorporate different mechanics of the language in order to solve.
smorgasbord

10 Oct 2013, 01:53

Eedis wrote:
joedf wrote:@thats true, no programmer knows everything by heart, if not,
I guess in that case, the tests could present a problem and you would then have to solve it with a script. But like the programming puzzles and competitions and such. The different tiers of puzzles would incorporate different mechanics of the language in order to solve.
+1

like coding http://projecteuler.net/ problems, since Autohotkey is not in their list so no-one in here can cheat.. i like the problems :)

Also i wish no money is involved :-p , secondly one years time is very very long time
John ... you working ?
empardopo

10 Oct 2013, 02:55

It's a great idea! +10
Everything is possible!
Alibaba

10 Oct 2013, 05:13

nnnik wrote:If there's money involved i'll probably never take the test.
More like this:
You're only allowed to take the test once in a year.(Just make the test once a Year)
Also the test isn't a test to simply test your knowledge.
It would be too difficult to find out if somebody looked at MSDN or things like that.
It's more about testing whether they know where to get there Information from or not.
Agree +1
"Nothing is quieter than a loaded gun." - Heinrich Heine
tidbit

10 Oct 2013, 09:14

Reason I mentioned $$$ was this could have a (slim) chance of being (or atleast looking) 'professional'. Like the Sun Certified Java Programmers Exam (SCJP) or whatever.
If it's free, might aswell get some construction paper, glue and glitter and make it yourself :P
Also, if it's free, where's the motivation to write a 300+ page book in detail?

But, alternatively, it could just be some community based interactive tutorials/challenges for free where the certificate has no real meaning.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
Gio

10 Oct 2013, 09:37

The test idea seems to be very promissing. Specially after some more discussion on the specifics of it. Either way, i still suggest that any nominees for the certificate should first hand in a script of their own for the community to appreciate. I have two main reasons for this:

1 - It's a way for candidates to actually contribute to the progress of AHK.
2 - It's also a way to test the candidate. The best way to prove that you know DllCall(), in example, is not to make a single sucesfull call, but rather to actually be able to envision it's usefulness in aiding the solving of a particular and broader problem.
nnnik

10 Oct 2013, 12:17

Also, if it's free, where's the motivation to write a 300+ page book in detail?
I'd donate something if that's the problem.
Recommends AHK Studio
smorgasbord

10 Oct 2013, 12:24

nnnik wrote:Also, if it's free, where's the motivation to write a 300+ page book in detail?
I'd donate something if that's the problem.
ROFL

/me convulses into laughters!!

:lol:
:o
John ... you working ?
sinkfaze

10 Oct 2013, 14:09

nnnik wrote:Also, if it's free, where's the motivation to write a 300+ page book in detail?
Probably in the same place as the motivation to continually code a free, open source automation language. :lol:

I like the idea of re-opening donations, even though neither Lexikos nor tank has ever asked.
tank

10 Oct 2013, 14:50

actually it needs to be done but i want to set up a separate account. one that can be controled by the organization members
and there will be costs in the future a bank account is a wize move
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
tidbit

10 Oct 2013, 16:11

sinkfaze wrote:
Probably in the same place as the motivation to continually code a free, open source automation language. :lol:

I like the idea of re-opening donations, even though neither Lexikos nor tank has ever asked.
:)
I keep demotivating myself with this mindset (Don't read if you want to stay motivated!):
Spoiler
Though, I do keep on helping and slowly mod my tutorial :)
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
Gio

10 Oct 2013, 16:18

Charging a suitable price may not be a bad idea. I'm not saying it is necessarily a good one either, but we certainly have to discuss the matter a little more.

:!: :arrow: Imagine if thousands of people decide to take the test. It would be loads of work! - Automated tests are quite the call for cheaters.

We need our CAE certificates to be respected.
Eedis

10 Oct 2013, 19:08

There shouldn't be a CAE if the test wasn't at a cost or else it would have no meaning to a professional business.

Return to “About This Community”