Radial menu scripts

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
anti3d

Re: Radial menu scripts - updates 2017-07-25

20 Sep 2017, 15:09

flabslab wrote:Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been using Radial Menu for the last few months and I have to say this tool makes things so much easier for me. Thanks so much for making this and for all the effort you guys have been putting in to improve RM. So let's get to my problem. I've made a context sensitive RM that activates if the active window is (in this case) Krita and I call this menu with the "q" button. It works but now I can't use the "q" button elsewhere. My RMShowHotkey is the 'Xbutton1' on my mouse and I want that to be enabled across all windows. But I don't want that context sensitive RM for Krita to take over the 'q' button or any button I assign to it. I'd really appreciate your help here.
Hello, i'm newer than you ) Tell me please how you make context sensitive menu? I don't understand how i can make menu for special window with own hotkey.
flabslab

21 Sep 2017, 02:06

anti3d wrote:Hello, i'm newer than you ) Tell me please how you make context sensitive menu? I don't understand how i can make menu for special window with own hotkey.
Hi mate, just follow the instructions in the help file that comes with RM. It's in the 'Context sensitive' section.
anti3d

21 Sep 2017, 03:45

flabslab wrote:
anti3d wrote:Hello, i'm newer than you ) Tell me please how you make context sensitive menu? I don't understand how i can make menu for special window with own hotkey.
Hi mate, just follow the instructions in the help file that comes with RM. It's in the 'Context sensitive' section.
Damt, i knew that must be somewhere, but who's can think about help file :crazy: Thanks :D
Joefango

21 Sep 2017, 04:18

flabslab wrote:Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been using Radial Menu for the last few months and I have to say this tool makes things so much easier for me. Thanks so much for making this and for all the effort you guys have been putting in to improve RM. So let's get to my problem. I've made a context sensitive RM that activates if the active window is (in this case) Krita and I call this menu with the "q" button. It works but now I can't use the "q" button elsewhere. My RMShowHotkey is the 'Xbutton1' on my mouse and I want that to be enabled across all windows. But I don't want that context sensitive RM for Krita to take over the 'q' button or any button I assign to it. I'd really appreciate your help here.
Why not using an other hotkey like windows key in this case ? an other way could be to assign the menu to a mouse gesture.

Maybe also you can try something like this: it send q if the active control contain the word "edit" else it show the specified context menu. But nowadays lot of new program user interface doesn't accept this workaround...

Code: Select all

q::
{
ControlGetFocus, MyControl
if InStr(MyControl, "Edit")
Send, q
Else
RMApp_MyRMHandler2(xx,"","","","")
}
return
Hope it can help or wait for a better answer with advanced coders
anti3d

21 Sep 2017, 14:54

flabslab wrote:I've made a context sensitive RM that activates if the active window is (in this case) Krita and I call this menu with the "q" button. It works but now I can't use the "q" button elsewhere. My RMShowHotkey is the 'Xbutton1' on my mouse and I want that to be enabled across all windows. But I don't want that context sensitive RM for Krita to take over the 'q' button or any button I assign to it. I'd really appreciate your help here.
If i correct understand your problem, after you use "q" in Krita, then "q" work enywhere? Try this in My hotkeys.ahk:

#IfWinActive, ahk_exe Krita.exe
{
q::
MenuToShow := 56         ; ... we will show menu for Krita (Gui number 56)
RMApp_MyRMHandler2(MenuToShow)
return
}
and if you want exclude RMShowHotkey from Krita look at "My RMShowHotkey conditions", there has help.
Excuse me if i don't understand you.
parkone

29 Sep 2017, 17:50

parkone wrote:Thanks for the update!
Tell me, please, how to Run as standard (limited) user / Runs a program as non-elevated user on Windows 10 10.0.15063.483 Version 1703
Before the upgrade, in the 10.0.15063.413 Version 1703, method 1 (Task Scheduler) from this post worked
But now I get the following error (Access denied)
I tried to use method 3 (Getting the shell to run an application for you)
But also got an error (Not found)
Am I doing the right function call?
ShellRun is working with last windows version. All that was needed was to remove the extra space :headwall:
theimmersion

31 Oct 2017, 05:04

I just stumbled on this but the links are broken. Any way to get this app? Looks really cool! btw, want to use it on latest win 10 64 pro. Hope its compatible because i found a lot of ahk scripts written for even XP and never got an update for win 10, required manual editing to make stuff work on win 10. :)
gregster

31 Oct 2017, 05:39

The download link from the first post (https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 078#p63231) works for me.
gemisigo

01 Jan 2018, 16:03

It ran out of gas. I mean it won't start anymore. I have a vague (and possibly incorrect) recollection of memories about it including some kind of time checking safety switch, which would make it require upgrading to new versions every once in a while. Is there a new version available, @Learning one?

Happy New Year to everyone here, by the way :)
saltito

02 Jan 2018, 04:35

Same here!!! It stopped working in two different machines, both using Windows 8 updated to the latest version. I don't know why :( :(

Edit: I found the fix, just install v4.45. Now it works great again!!!!!!!!
gemisigo

02 Jan 2018, 06:10

Thanks for the info, that helped. I wasn't even aware that I wasn't using the latest version. There was also a post that explained the auto update feature was unable to refresh to 4.45 so that's not a big surprise. I was already getting desperate :D
Learning one

03 Jan 2018, 14:52

Yes, you always have to upgrade to newest version, which is v4.45 at the moment.
theimmersion

04 Jan 2018, 19:34

So i tried to make RM keep on screen at all times and i semi-made it. The overall skin is within screen borders now but the buttons/item glows are still going off screen.

This is my edit in the RM2module.ahk
starting at line 685
From this:

else
Gui %GuiNum%:Show, x%MenuX% y%MenuY% NA
RM2_Reg("M" GuiNum "#LastShowCoords", x "|" y)	
To this:

else	
{	; edit 1 by theimmersion
	ConstrainX:=(A_ScreenWidth-(MenuRadius*2))
	ConstrainY:=(A_ScreenHeight-(MenuRadius*2))
	if (MenuX<=0)
		MenuX=0
	if (MenuY<=0)
		MenuY=0
	if (MenuX>ConstrainX)
		MenuX:=(A_ScreenWidth-(MenuRadius*2))
	if (MenuY>ConstrainY)
		MenuY:=(A_ScreenHeight-(MenuRadius*2))
Gui %GuiNum%:Show, x%MenuX% y%MenuY% NA
}
; End of edit.
RM2_Reg("M" GuiNum "#LastShowCoords", x "|" y)	
Any pointers?
theimmersion

06 Jan 2018, 08:58

Just wanted to add some thoughts of stuff that is missing to this amazing piece of work.
Aside from my above post to clip RM on screen (like right click context menu does) its missing a few other stuff.

1.Skin designer: a drag and drop icon would be nice rather than to edit the text.
Like, i drag up all shortcuts i want and than i simply drag icons from the RM\Icons on it folder. It could detect that the file is in RM\Icons folder and treat\assume its supposed to set it as the icon.

2.Skin designer: Right-click center could bring up a context to add system specific shortcuts like
ThisPC, User Folder, Documents, Pictures, System Drive etc. It would be nice if it would first parse all GetDrives to add drives here too.

3.Skin designer: when dropping a .lnk file, it should get the target and set it as the items action path rather than the .lnk path.
A natural behavior of mine (im doing it too), my GF, my sister, my 2 friends that i use as guinea pigs for all my own programs as well as others (they end up using the other apps after that, since they dont stumble on gems like i do, as we like to say, they are not in these waters like me) xD is to drag a .lnk (shortcut) mostly from desktop but other places too and than deleting that .lnk. Because they as well as me want to replace the .lnk from desktop with RM item. But when the .lnk gets deleted, the RM item doesnt work because the action path is to the .lnk file rather than the .lnk target path. I guess it should be a simple edit like
if droppedItem.lnk
FileGetShortcut, %droppedItem%.lnk, ShortcutTarget
Now, id do it myself but since i didnt code RM and it is an extensive piece of code, im finding it hard to find what i need where what is to make edits myself and (lets say) request a simple fork to be added to an update if L1 is satisfied with it.

4.Skin designer: It is rather a shame that .ico files are not supported as icons in RM. Wonder why is that?
Also, it would be nice if RM would actually use Windows native icons as a global icon.
I think it should be rather straight forward adding such function. If i could figure out where the dropped item event happens, i could try and do some system about recognizing the basic stuff like ThisPC and add icon automatically from shell32.dll or the text icon when a .txt file is dropped. But i never worked with GDI and dont know how it handles such things with icons. Alternatively, id extract the icons convert them in .png format and use them instead. I actually already extracted and converted them to .png the more common icons from Win10. If interested, i can send you the files to add to RM icons.

5.Skin designer: A bold and shadow/border font options and text offsetY option are missing for individual items. For instance, i placed my hard drives with item name and icon. Since its the same icon for all hard drives, i used the drive letter names as well, simple C, D, E etc... But an option to make them bold would be nice and an offset from center to get them a bit more upwards or downwards. Would looks nicer and cleaner and easier to spot.

6.RM: Does GDI have same way to apply anti-aliasing to icons and text? It seems rather distored on edges.

7.RM: Items should be activated with left click (but on left click up and not down like with submenus, submenus should be oppened on left click up as well) as well as when right click is released. More often than not, i seem to sometimes click on an non-submenu item to activate it as well and than remember it only works on release, and im not the only one. Seems like its a force of habit. So that option would be nice.

8.Skins: Either i cant find it in help file or is missing, but it would be very nice if the submenus could have their own separate sub skins.
Im finding it rather annoying due to lack of difference between the Main RM menu and the submenus. It would be nice to have the option to create less intrusive submenus instead and an option within the Skin definition to temporary hide main menu or items if submenu is shown.
The more options for skins we have, the better.

I will in mean time try and do as much as i can but since i didnt code it, its rather hard. And damn, not a single comment to at least generalize whats what and no indentations! xDDDD

Ill post if i figure it out myself in mean time about functionality and as new stuff might come into focus that are maybe missing as time goes by.

If some of things i listed are actually possible and i missed them, i apologize!

Lastly, i would kindly ask if i could use RM in one of my Programs that i did in AHK as well. Once my program is release ready, at least in alpha stage i will send you the package for inspection. It would mean a lot! It is intended to control my programs many features. Since what RM does is the BEST i could think of myself to control, i think rather than make my own version, i would like to use already fully working RM instead. With some upgrades of course.
Learning one

14 Jan 2018, 21:25

theimmersion,
theimmersion wrote:So i tried to make RM keep on screen at all times and i semi-made it.
Take a look at examples in [module] RM2module, specifically at Example 4b AHK_L - Docks and Example 4b AHK_L - Docks

Thanks for suggestions.

I'm giving you permission to use and distribute my Radial menu v4 and/or [module] RM2module in your project under the following conditions:
  • You must put a notice in your project which says that you obtained permission from author (me) to use and distribute Radial menu v4 and/or [module] RM2module in your project and put links to this (first post) and this (permission post).
  • You must post a link to your project here in this thread.
  • Regarding donation link (question from your private e-mail), until I decide otherwise, this is still my donation link.
theimmersion

15 Jan 2018, 09:57

Ok, thank you very much. Ill look into the new examples. Also forgot to mention, could you somehow implement some form of silent reload of RM after a change in skin designer is saved?
Using skin designer and saving + reloading after every change is rather annoying. xD
anti3d

19 Jan 2018, 01:16

Hello. Maybe someone tell me how make different sounds for different items? This is best radial menu in our planet - thanks for that! )
Learning one

26 Jan 2018, 17:33

... could you somehow implement some form of silent reload of RM after a change in skin designer is saved ...
Take a look at the following headers in RM\Help.htm:
  • Inter-process communication \ Window messages: You can modify RMD (Radial menu designer) to automatically send reload message (wParam 2) to RM4 after user presses Save button.
  • RMApp_AutoExecute(): You can use RMApp_AutoExecute({SplashScreen: 0}) to omit "Loading Radial menu ..." splash screen.
... how make different sounds for different items ...
Take a look at the following header in RM\Help.htm:
  • Events \ BeforeExecuteItem and AfterExecuteItem: You can monitor these events and do stuff after item is selected and/or after item action was executed - for example play custom sounds, but in this case, it may be necessary to adapt RM's built-in internal sound system. There is no OnItemHover event at the moment.
Dchifly

20 Feb 2018, 10:36

Great Project! I love it! One question, Where are the skins that are previewed on the first post? All the dropbox links are dead. Is there a new link to the files/skins?
Wickster

20 Feb 2018, 14:30

Dchifly wrote:Great Project! I love it! One question, Where are the skins that are previewed on the first post? All the dropbox links are dead. Is there a new link to the files/skins?

L1, I would also like to see everything again all in one spot. Are you looking at a new cloud ? or a new file host ? what are the plans to see all the files in 1 location again ?

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”