Chinese and germans got their sub-forums, how about Russian?

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
Zelio

Re: Chinese and germans got their sub-forums, how about Russ

17 Jun 2014, 08:02

I found a part inside "forum structure" thread http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=40, don't refound the other parts with a large discussion about barrier language (thats why I am rude with my last sentence in this post, to say that we wanted only english for international at top and other pure other language at bottom even if we don't like english)... never mind, we was very busy in october !
Also most of my idea are not very define, just some thoughts, for example when I asked for a double button download, tank did a better solution with what he understood... never mind, in this case it was an idea on an other idea, to speak about russian community...

Maybe I am an inception master, that just take a lot of time !
Flipeador

09 Dec 2014, 21:45

Hello everyone!
I did not want to create another topic for this and commented on here, I wonder if they could create a subforum in Spanish, i was reading reviews but I also was not clear, do they plan to create more subforums or you see that is unnecessary?.
Greetings and thanks in advance.
joedf

10 Dec 2014, 00:42

Sure, I have thought about adding Spanish.
If you feel that there will be others that will benefit from this, then why not? I added the Spanish forum. Yo hablo solo un poco español. So I'm sorry if I make some small mistakes :P
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
vasili111

10 Dec 2014, 03:26

joedf
Also please add Spanish link here:
DRAKON-AutoHotkey: Visual programming for AutoHotkey.
Flipeador

10 Dec 2014, 08:38

Hello joedf, really did not believed this would change from one day to the other, so thank you very much for adding the subforum in Spanish ;) , I hope will be helpful and will soon be filled with topics.
Greetings!
:clap:
joedf

10 Dec 2014, 09:51

@vasili111 oh right, thanks! Updated.
@Flipeador Blue No problem, let me know if you need anything. ;)
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
lexikos

13 Dec 2014, 18:51

joedf: How much demand was there for a Spanish sub-forum? Did you consult anyone else, or consider all of the views presented against a Russian sub-forum in this thread, before creating the Spanish one?

I don't personally care about either; but it makes our administration seem somewhat hypocritical. Was there a lot of demand for a Spanish sub-forum - somewhere else, because there certainly hasn't been in this thread? The Russian forum kidbit mentioned seems to be fairly active, though who knows how many of the users would come here, or whether there's any benefit in them doing so (given language barriers).
joedf

13 Dec 2014, 19:23

You are right. I have not paid too much attention to the topic title since my before-before-last post.
I do believe that the russian community at the other forum is active. Do you think that russian should be added?
I only hope that the "transition" will be smooth (i mean, i dont want any website-rivalries). Im sure it will be fine.
I did not have too much hesitation with spanish because I did search for a spanish ahk community website, only to find none...
Only questions here and there on different IT/Tech/Q&A websites. Also, over the past years on autohotkey.com, I have noticed a lot of "hello sir/". Knowing that "Señor" usually translates to "sir" (I had a mexican spanish-teacher, etc), I assumed that they were spanish-speaking users seeking help that had no choice but to go to the english forum, since there was no where else. I will add the russian forum, but we will need a russian-speaking moderator because I can't do russian. :P

Thanks for the notice. ;)

Edit: Russian added, need translator
kon

13 Dec 2014, 20:08

I think adding sub-forums for languages is a great idea. Hopefully an "if you build it, they will come" scenario will play out. My opinion currently is that adding a sub-forum for Spanish was a no-brainer, since joedf was willing to moderate it and because of all of the reasons he mentioned. I too have seen questions in Spanish, or google-tanslated from Spanish fairly regularly. However, without a reliable and trusted moderator, creating a forum for a particular language is probably a mistake.
joedf

13 Dec 2014, 20:17

Yes, true. We need a dedicated moderator for spanish and russian.
I imagine that in serious cases for the spanish forum, fincs wouldn't mind helping out.
vasili111

14 Dec 2014, 07:34

I think that having non-English subforums is good idea. But I think that for non-English subforums only moderation is not enough. We also need several people that can speak that language and at the same time are AutoHotkey professionals. When people will ask questions, someone have to answer to that questions.
I can help in Russian forums with translation, moderation and answer simple questions related to AutoHotkey but I am not AutoHotkey professional and can't answer advanced questions (Machine code, OOP, COM, GUI, regex etc.).
joedf

14 Dec 2014, 09:45

True... In that case I could simply make a forum link
Meaning it appears in the "other languages" but if you click it, it will redirect to "gray forum"

Any additional thoughts? Anyone?

Edit: this is important to mention, I imagine. http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.p ... 040#p13040
vasili111

14 Dec 2014, 11:06

joedf
I think it is better to keep Russian forum and not making it link to "Grey forum". I hope that AutoHotkey professionals with come there after some time. By that time I can help there with some easy questions.
joedf

14 Dec 2014, 12:34

Ok good, it is true I have to admit that it will take some time. If you feel that you can do some small checks that would be great, if you ever noticed any "fighting" (I doubt it), and same goes for some questions that are too complex, please do not hestite to help translate/expain/report to me or anyone else. I want the new users to feel welcome, not "neglected".

Return to “About This Community”