Pulover's Macro Creator v5.4.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

click-click

Re: Macro Creator v4.1.1 - Automation Tool (Recorder & Write

10 Jun 2014, 05:21

Pulover wrote: I mean the Application Key...

It shows the context menu, just like right-click, in most applications.
I'm embarrased :oops: TBH, I have never used this key before. I never wondered what it was either :mrgreen: Finally found a situation where I need to use this key :)

Thanks ...
SPabs

15 Jun 2014, 05:52

Wow! Great program, really brilliant. I just wish I had found out about this sooner.

I was going to ramble, but I'll get right to it.

I really like the image/pixel feature, and I'll be using it a lot (haven't had a chance to really test this program, but from my reading and research and basic macros created, it looks really promising).

The problem that I had with the other macro program I was using was that it's image feature took so freakishly long to find the images that it wasn't worth it. I noticed that in PMC the option to select a region of the screen is there, which I'm assuming will skip the tracker? to that region instead of checking from the top left corner of the monitor?

If so that's great! I have a few suggestions or questions then. When it checks the region selected, would it be faster if the image filled the region selected? or would it matter if the image was a little bigger or outside of the region (probably, just curious)? If it would be faster filling the region with the image, a tooltip for the X/Y while drawing the box around the image would be nice, just an option to set the X/Y in the search then capture the image from that.

Couple of questions are in the search options: What does the Icon field do? and how do the variations work (I'd assume more variations means less exact of an image...)?

Another question on that is the Transparent section. What I'm trying to do is something along the lines of having a ball on the screen. I capture the ball and a little background in the image, and when clicked, the ball changes to a random "solid" colored ball. In order to cut down on the amount of IF statements, I should capture one color ball and make it transparent so it would work for all colors right? Here's the catch though, the ball captures light reflection and therefore has a couple different shades. Would changing the Variation amount to 50 cover the different shades of the ball? Could I go to the screenshots folder and edit the .png with like paint or something and make the whole ball transparent? Is there even anything I could do like that (it'd help turn 60 or so if statements into 4 or so)?

Last question: Does the image feature support any other extensions (the one I would be particularly interested in would be .gif... or any moving image)?

Thanks in advance! I think I've asked everything I want to know for now (in case I end up being to busy to check back for awhile). I'm a hypocrite though, because I always like to test programs and find stuff out before bothering busy people with long text and stupid simple to figure out questions, I feel bad. Anyway, I think I've ended up rambling, thanks again.
ran88dom99

15 Jun 2014, 11:46

"http://www.macrocreator.com/" Firefox; google; chrome; The connection has timed out The server at http://www.macrocreator.com is taking too long to respond.
Google cache eventually gets something. Dld from softpedia.
Pulover

16 Jun 2014, 08:29

SPabs wrote:Wow! Great program, really brilliant. I just wish I had found out about this sooner.

I was going to ramble, but I'll get right to it.

I really like the image/pixel feature, and I'll be using it a lot (haven't had a chance to really test this program, but from my reading and research and basic macros created, it looks really promising).

The problem that I had with the other macro program I was using was that it's image feature took so freakishly long to find the images that it wasn't worth it. I noticed that in PMC the option to select a region of the screen is there, which I'm assuming will skip the tracker? to that region instead of checking from the top left corner of the monitor?

If so that's great! I have a few suggestions or questions then. When it checks the region selected, would it be faster if the image filled the region selected? or would it matter if the image was a little bigger or outside of the region (probably, just curious)? If it would be faster filling the region with the image, a tooltip for the X/Y while drawing the box around the image would be nice, just an option to set the X/Y in the search then capture the image from that.

Couple of questions are in the search options: What does the Icon field do? and how do the variations work (I'd assume more variations means less exact of an image...)?

Another question on that is the Transparent section. What I'm trying to do is something along the lines of having a ball on the screen. I capture the ball and a little background in the image, and when clicked, the ball changes to a random "solid" colored ball. In order to cut down on the amount of IF statements, I should capture one color ball and make it transparent so it would work for all colors right? Here's the catch though, the ball captures light reflection and therefore has a couple different shades. Would changing the Variation amount to 50 cover the different shades of the ball? Could I go to the screenshots folder and edit the .png with like paint or something and make the whole ball transparent? Is there even anything I could do like that (it'd help turn 60 or so if statements into 4 or so)?

Last question: Does the image feature support any other extensions (the one I would be particularly interested in would be .gif... or any moving image)?

Thanks in advance! I think I've asked everything I want to know for now (in case I end up being to busy to check back for awhile). I'm a hypocrite though, because I always like to test programs and find stuff out before bothering busy people with long text and stupid simple to figure out questions, I feel bad. Anyway, I think I've ended up rambling, thanks again.
Hi Spabs,

Thank you for the feedback. You can probably find answer to all your questions in the AutoHotkey help file. Right-click anywhere on the ImageSearch window and you'll get a quick shortcut to the help page of the commands.

As for transparency and other extensions, you'll have to do some testing. You'll probably have to tweak variations only.
Last edited by Pulover on 16 Jun 2014, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)
Pulover

16 Jun 2014, 08:30

ran88dom99 wrote:"http://www.macrocreator.com/" Firefox; google; chrome; The connection has timed out The server at http://www.macrocreator.com is taking too long to respond.
Google cache eventually gets something. Dld from softpedia.
This host has been giving me some headache. I'm already in the process of moving the site from there and hopefully fix all the issues.
Rodolfo U. Batista
rkwong

16 Jun 2014, 21:48

Hi Pulover,
New member here. First off, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to make this program. It's really saving me a ton of time.

Question: When running subroutines that have a return statement at the end, do you ever see issues where it hangs at the return statement? I have a macro that is being run as a 3rd layer subroutine, once the code gets to the return statement, it freezes. I'm hoping this is my fault, but any insight on this matter would be appreciated.
Pulover

17 Jun 2014, 05:32

rkwong wrote:Hi Pulover,
New member here. First off, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to make this program. It's really saving me a ton of time.

Question: When running subroutines that have a return statement at the end, do you ever see issues where it hangs at the return statement? I have a macro that is being run as a 3rd layer subroutine, once the code gets to the return statement, it freezes. I'm hoping this is my fault, but any insight on this matter would be appreciated.
Hi rkwong,

I haven't found any error with gosub command. Show me your macro and I'll take a look to see what's wrong. You can open a .pmc file in notepad and paste it here (use code tags).
Rodolfo U. Batista
SPabs

17 Jun 2014, 23:19

Fantastic! Thanks for the help, I figured I'd have to search help and test a lot longer than I did.

After reading the help and doing a little testing, I found out that I could just set the variations to 210 to cover most colors and then have no need to set transparency. It's lightning fast as well :).

I still don't think I fully understand IconN. What I gathered from it was that it's used for (mostly) .gif images to capture a certain point in the animation. Is this correct?

Is there a way to set region of the screen without searching for an image (or set multiple regions for an image)? I'd like to set region X, then look for an image in X that would also be in another region Y, M, or N. If in X and Y do this, if X and M do that, if X and N do something else. I couldn't find any help on this.

Thanks, I love you.
Pulover

18 Jun 2014, 06:20

SPabs wrote:Fantastic! Thanks for the help, I figured I'd have to search help and test a lot longer than I did.

After reading the help and doing a little testing, I found out that I could just set the variations to 210 to cover most colors and then have no need to set transparency. It's lightning fast as well :).

I still don't think I fully understand IconN. What I gathered from it was that it's used for (mostly) .gif images to capture a certain point in the animation. Is this correct?
I don't think the IconN can be used for gifs. Only icons in an ico file, afaik.
SPabs wrote:Is there a way to set region of the screen without searching for an image (or set multiple regions for an image)? I'd like to set region X, then look for an image in X that would also be in another region Y, M, or N. If in X and Y do this, if X and M do that, if X and N do something else. I couldn't find any help on this.

Thanks, I love you.
You should try the If Statements. You can nest them and set Else statements as well to get where you need.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Alexey

18 Jun 2014, 15:16

thank you for the help and advice, the script is working now. Could you be so kind and advice is it possible to play the script at one window and simultaneusly work with another window ( for example to watch the video or etc).
SPabs

18 Jun 2014, 18:56

Blame it on the heat, I thought about what I posted while at work and thought it would be confusing.

Better describing what I want is to cut down on the amount of if statements to increase performance. Take the ball example earlier, I now have one if statement for multiple colored balls and click on them. Now when I click on them, they jump randomly between 3 spaces (call them A, B, C). A, B, and C are all within region X, so I can check for image ball in region X, but I want to do something unique depending on if the ball is found in A, B, or C. Sure I can nest if statements (which would defeat the purpose of having region X), but that would still require finding image at region A, finding image at B, and finding image at C (too many image captures and if statements). If there was a way to check X for image ball, then discover if image ball is in region A, B, or C without having to check the image again that would be great. I would think it'd be in control, but I can't find anything, and am thinking that I may just be stuck with a bunch of if statements?

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks as always.
rkwong

19 Jun 2014, 02:26

Pulover wrote:
rkwong wrote:Hi Pulover,

Hi rkwong,

I haven't found any error with gosub command. Show me your macro and I'll take a look to see what's wrong. You can open a .pmc file in notepad and paste it here (use code tags).

I think I figured out why. My subroutines contained loops that ran other subroutines that would run loops. For some reason all the loop counters in different subroutines use the same counter variable. It looks like its a bug in your program. I tested this by making a Macro 1 and Macro 2.

This is macro 1:

Code: Select all

Loop, 2
{
	Send, {1 Down}{1 Up}
	Gosub, Macro2
}
Send, {1 Down}{1 Up}
This is macro 2:

Loop
{
	Send, {2 Down}{2 Up}
	Break
}
Return
What should happen is my computer should type "121".
What happens instead is that it types "121212121212121212121....."(and so on). It looks like the loop in macro 2 is resetting the counter variable in the macro 1 loop.
Let me know what you think. :)
Alexey

19 Jun 2014, 13:34

Pls, answer on my question. How to make so that two different scenarios in two different windows were carried out?
SPabs

19 Jun 2014, 17:01

@Alexey

If your macroing for both windows at the same time, you'd have to do function 1 for window 1, alt-tab, function 1 for window 2, alt-tab, function 2 for window 1, alt-tab...

but if all you want to is watch a movie in one window while have the macro run in another, hold the windows key and press left or right (windows 7... makes the window half the screen) for both windows. Click play on the movie, then go to the other window and run your macro. I don't think you'd be able to watch the movie full screen. You probably won't be able to do anything interactive either while the macro is running (e.x. play hearts).
Pulover

19 Jun 2014, 19:38

Alexey wrote:thank you for the help and advice, the script is working now. Could you be so kind and advice is it possible to play the script at one window and simultaneusly work with another window ( for example to watch the video or etc).
Check out the video tutorial for Control commands.

http://www.macrocreator.com/new-tutoria ... -commands/
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

19 Jun 2014, 19:39

SPabs wrote:Blame it on the heat, I thought about what I posted while at work and thought it would be confusing.

Better describing what I want is to cut down on the amount of if statements to increase performance. Take the ball example earlier, I now have one if statement for multiple colored balls and click on them. Now when I click on them, they jump randomly between 3 spaces (call them A, B, C). A, B, and C are all within region X, so I can check for image ball in region X, but I want to do something unique depending on if the ball is found in A, B, or C. Sure I can nest if statements (which would defeat the purpose of having region X), but that would still require finding image at region A, finding image at B, and finding image at C (too many image captures and if statements). If there was a way to check X for image ball, then discover if image ball is in region A, B, or C without having to check the image again that would be great. I would think it'd be in control, but I can't find anything, and am thinking that I may just be stuck with a bunch of if statements?

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks as always.
I lost track of the conversation too... :P

Maybe you could do it using associative arrays. I'll try to make a example for you and post here later.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

19 Jun 2014, 19:46

rkwong wrote:I think I figured out why. My subroutines contained loops that ran other subroutines that would run loops. For some reason all the loop counters in different subroutines use the same counter variable. It looks like its a bug in your program. I tested this by making a Macro 1 and Macro 2.

This is macro 1:

Loop, 2
{
	Send, {1 Down}{1 Up}
	Gosub, Macro2
}
Send, {1 Down}{1 Up}
This is macro 2:

Loop
{
	Send, {2 Down}{2 Up}
	Break
}
Return
What should happen is my computer should type "121".
What happens instead is that it types "121212121212121212121....."(and so on). It looks like the loop in macro 2 is resetting the counter variable in the macro 1 loop.
Let me know what you think. :)
There seems to be a bug indeed. I'll put it in the list to be fixed. Thank you for reporting.
Rodolfo U. Batista
ran88dom99

20 Jun 2014, 14:25

Is it possible to designate functions inside PMC?
Pulover

20 Jun 2014, 14:38

ran88dom99 wrote:Is it possible to designate functions inside PMC?
Not inside it, but you can load an external .ahk file in the Functions command window to run functions from it and save the results to the Output Variable. You can set a Standard Library File containing your functions in Settings > Misc., this file will be automatically selected when you enter the Function command window.
Rodolfo U. Batista
SPabs

20 Jun 2014, 17:15

Thank you!

But I have to ask... are you trying to fry my brain? I'm not that smart :mrgreen:

I went ahead and made a bunch of if statements (performance seems to be better when looking in small areas anyway), and... OH NO, half of them are 10 pixels off :(. Can you pretty please add bulk editing to your TODO list? I will be notorious for doing this in the future.

Thanks, all I have to do is fix my mistake and implement the logic and I'm done with my first macro!

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”