AHK Studio

Editor for AutoHotkey written completely in AutoHotkey.

Moderator: maestrith

autocart

Re: AHK Studio

10 Mar 2018, 12:35

maestrith wrote:1.005.10
Changed: Requested by autocart
- Added Start Select Character: You can add in extra characters that start words to have double click select include them in the selection
After finally having time to try it out, unfortunately AHK Studio does not remember the character I enter into the dialog which pops up when I go to Options -> Start Select Character. So it does not work. (I tried $ but + does not work either. # seems to be hard coded, because the dialog does not remember # either although it does work all the time.)
maestrith

10 Mar 2018, 13:22

autocart wrote:There are two readme and two commands files in the latest zip with different casing and different file size(!) - overwriting each other on Windows.
Which ones are the ones to keep?
Either is fine. I no longer use the commands file and I thought I got rid of it. The readme file is just for GitHub.
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC Running AutoHotkey x32
derz00

10 Mar 2018, 14:18

Usually it works best to update with the Check for Update command in AHK-Studio. Press Alt+M and type CFU {Enter}
try it and see
maestrith

10 Mar 2018, 19:47

derz00 wrote:Usually it works best to update with the Check for Update command in AHK-Studio. Press Alt+M and type CFU {Enter}
^----- what he said USUALLY :)
but no, I messed up. Sorry about that. I did update so it should work now.
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
autocart

11 Mar 2018, 04:41

Thanks, maestrith, Options -> Start Select Character now remembers the $ sign and on double clicking a word it works (includes the $ in the resulting selection) 75% of the time, which is ok. Much better than not having it. Thanks again.
DaveT1

12 Mar 2018, 07:57

Wow Maestrith, many thanks for this:
maestrith wrote:1.005.10
Fixed: Reported by DaveT1
- Breakpoints for Debugging were not working
I can now run to a breakpoint just fine :D.

But in case it's important I've noticed that when the debugger is launched the Debug Window shows the line numbers of the breakpoints, eg:
Breakpoint Added for file: on line:62
but my breakpoint is actually on line 63 - ie., all line numbers reported for breakpoints in the Debug Window are 1 less than the code line numbers.

Great work on AHK-Studio - I'm exploring more :D.
DaveT1

12 Mar 2018, 08:48

Hi Maestrith,

Sorry, but I hope you don't mind some further questions on Bookmarks and Breakpoints. Firstly I love the way that these are displayed in the Code explorer window! But I wonder if you / others would find the following suggestions useful:

1) To display next to each Breakpoint or Bookmark shown in the Code Explorer window, the line number where they are?

2) When any Breakpoint / Bookmark is clicked on in the Code Explorer, the row of code in the code window is highlighted. This is great. But if there are multiple Breakpoints / Bookmarks with the same name, would it be possible to highlight all the rows in the code window with that Breakpoint / Bookmark name?

3) Similar to (2), if the word Breakpoint or Bookmark (ie., the folder name) is highlighted in the Code Explorer, could all the lines with Breakpoints or Bookmarks be highlighted in the code window?

4) When adding or deleting Breakpoints / Bookmarks, I'm not sure how to get these reflected in the Code Explorer - is it via a right click and Refresh Code Explorer? If so I can't seem to get this to work reliably - 3 refreshes of the Code Explorer still doesn't show any changes to actual Breakpoints / Bookmarks - I'm certainly doing something wrong :?!

5) Finally, I've noticed that the code window seems to sometimes scroll right when lines are highlighted after the corresponding Code Explorer Breakpoint / Bookmark is selected in the Code Explorer. I can't work out anything systematic here, but I'm probably being confound by issue (4)! Is it possible to arrange that the code window does not scroll right?

Sorry for all the Qs, and if there are options for these already, please forgive me for not having found them!
autocart

12 Mar 2018, 10:47

Hi again,
I did start to like AHK-Studio (again), however unfortunately it destroys my code if it contains special German characters like e.g. ä.
It is really sad for me but I (again) will have to keep bothering with less feature-rich/potentially powerful but at least more code-safe editors.
(I REALLY do not understand how such basics can still be unfixed after literally years of development. I am sorry to have to say this, but there is nothing else I can say.)
Regards, S.
maestrith

12 Mar 2018, 11:40

Added: Suggested by Scr1pter
- Highlight Selected Area: Select an area and it will highlight it
- Clear Selected Highlight: Select an area with highlights and it will remove them
- Edit_Highlight_Colors: Change the highlight colors
Fixed: Reported by DaveT1
- Breakpoints for Debugging were not working
Changed: Requested by autocart
- Added Start Select Character: You can add in extra characters that start words to have double click select include them in the selection
- Hopefully fixed the UTF character issue
Donations
Discord
maestrith

16 Mar 2018, 06:09

Fixed:
- Sometimes when you pressed Alt+F it would select the entire document (Still not sure why it does it, or when it would do it)
Changed:
- Refresh Code/Project Explorer: Default {Enter} action is now Refresh Current Project
Added: Suggested by Kelvin
- Duplicate Line: If you have a selection that spans multiple lines it will duplicate those lines
Donations
Discord
chocnmint

19 Mar 2018, 04:22

autocart wrote:Hi again,
I did start to like AHK-Studio (again), however unfortunately it destroys my code if it contains special German characters like e.g. ä.
It is really sad for me but I (again) will have to keep bothering with less feature-rich/potentially powerful but at least more code-safe editors.
(I REALLY do not understand how such basics can still be unfixed after literally years of development. I am sorry to have to say this, but there is nothing else I can say.)
Regards, S.

Hi!, I'm using a Spanish keyboard, with this kind of things:
¿, ¡, ñ, á,...

AHKStudio has changed all theese into ? simbol, and it was a complete mess in my script. Lucky me I keep backups often.
How can I solve this issue? I love the program.
Thanks.
maestrith

19 Mar 2018, 08:28

Should be fixed. Sorry about that
Donations
Discord
chocnmint

19 Mar 2018, 11:24

maestrith wrote:Should be fixed. Sorry about that
Wow, thanks for solving it so fast! :bravo: So far it's working nice. I'll check it in the medium term. ;)
maestrith

19 Mar 2018, 13:17

chocnmint wrote:
maestrith wrote:Should be fixed. Sorry about that
Wow, thanks for solving it so fast! :bravo: So far it's working nice. I'll check it in the medium term. ;)
Thank you for getting back to me. I have had a lot of trouble with file encoding...
Donations
Discord
Innominate

20 Mar 2018, 11:24

I have an old custom theme that I really like, is there a way to convert it to the new version? (I have a saved xml of it.) After updating AHK Studio it says it isn't compatible.
maestrith

20 Mar 2018, 11:59

Innominate wrote:I have an old custom theme that I really like, is there a way to convert it to the new version? (I have a saved xml of it.) After updating AHK Studio it says it isn't compatible.
Send it to me and I will take a look at it.
Donations
Discord
derz00

28 Mar 2018, 09:12

maestrith! o/

I've found an issue, and wondering if you can help me figure out if it's me to AHK-Studio that's doing something wrong ;)

https://github.com/maestrith/AHK-Studio/issues/168
try it and see
Rafaews

07 Apr 2018, 14:48

Hey! First I would like to say thank you :D
Secondly... Why don't clean up the debug window after a no error saving/compiling?
Sometimes it's weird you know, getting an error, solving it... And still have to look to it haha
DRocks

20 May 2018, 21:58

This is my favorite Editor for AutoHotkey. Can't find all the ease of use that AHK studio offers in other editors. Thanks so much. Its hard to believe you did all this for me who begins programming AHK as first language lol! Very nice.
maestrith

20 May 2018, 22:03

DRocks wrote:This is my favorite Editor for AutoHotkey. Can't find all the ease of use that AHK studio offers in other editors. Thanks so much. Its hard to believe you did all this for me who begins programming AHK as first language lol! Very nice.
I am glad to hear it :) AHK is the only language I know. I dabbled in some sort of C but that is only to work with the SciLexer.dll that I compiled.
Donations
Discord

Return to “AHK Studio”