Add to a found value in imagesearch Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
donaldthejohn

Add to a found value in imagesearch

29 Apr 2018, 10:11

I want to click closer to the middle of the image, but when i use this code it clicks in the top left of my screen. When i enclose the FoundX2 and FoundY2 in %'s it clicks off the window and makes it slightly smaller
Code:
ImageSearch, FoundX2, FoundY2, 960, 580, 1360, 650, D:\Users\Devin\Desktop\Main\etc\etc\ahk\account maker\male_gender.PNG
if ErrorLevel = 2
Msgbox can't do the search
else if ErrorLevel = 1
Msgbox image not found
else
theX = FoundX2 + 10
theY = FoundY2 + 10
Click %theX%, %theY%
I am a noob at coding, PLEASE be patient with me :D
swagfag

Re: Add to a found value in imagesearch

29 Apr 2018, 10:26

1. id recommend ditching traditional syntax, will save you headaches in the long run
2. check how your coordmodes are set up: https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/CoordMode.htm , specifically Mouseand Pixel

if u wanna click the middle of the image divide its width and height by two, then add these offsets to the foundX/Y
donaldthejohn

29 Apr 2018, 10:57

thanks for helping,
what do you mean by traditional syntax and im not very good at coding so i have no clue what it means by "affects" on the coordmode command nor how to use it
donaldthejohn

29 Apr 2018, 11:14

I tried messing around with the coordmode by changing it to pixel above the imagesearch and changing it to mouse in the else which seemed to have no effect. When i just say click %FoundX2%, %FoundY2% it clicks on that spot, however it needs to be moved more towards the middle. When i run it with a message box of the coordinates, it is in the correct place as well. It appears to me that my syntax is incorrect or i need to use coordmode in a different manner
swagfag

Re: Add to a found value in imagesearch  Topic is solved

29 Apr 2018, 11:36

donaldthejohn wrote: what do you mean by traditional syntax
read the section: https://autohotkey.com/docs/Variables.htm#Intro, then follow the links 'legacy' and 'expression' to understand the difference

this should prolly help you debug

Code: Select all

CoordMode, Pixel, Screen ; absolute coordinates - (0,0) is top-left corner of the monitor
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen ; absolute coordinates - (0,0) is top-left corner of the monitor
; CoordMode, Pixel, Relative ; relative coordinates - (0,0) is top-left corner of a window
; CoordMode, Mouse, Relative ; relative coordinates - (0,0) is top-left corner of a window

imageW := 100 ; enter ur img width here
imageH := 100 ; enter ur img height here

ImageSearch, FoundX2, FoundY2, 960, 580, 1360, 650, D:\Users\Devin\Desktop\Main\etc\etc\ahk\account maker\male_gender.PNG
	if ErrorLevel = 2
		Msgbox can't do the search
	else if ErrorLevel = 1
		Msgbox image not found
	else
		MsgBox, % Format("image found at ({},{})", FoundX2, FoundY2)
		imageCenterX := FoundX2 + (imageW / 2)
		imageCenterY := FoundY2 + (imageH / 2)
		MsgBox, % Format("image center at ({},{})", imageCenterX, imageCenterY)
		Click %imageCenterX%, %imageCenterY%
donaldthejohn

29 Apr 2018, 12:05

Okay, thanks again, and im still confused on the legacy and expression. From what im reading, does it just mean legacy is shorthand and expression is longer? Im clearly in a lack of experience as i havent seen or used these expressions before, but i can easily follow them enough to understand what is being done and what it means. And it works!!
donaldthejohn

29 Apr 2018, 13:16

I also created a much simpler version for anyone who finds this code useful. The way that is shown above for my purpose at least, is only if you're trying to be super exact and or want to share with someone else. It also helped me further my knowledge of AHK.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”