What do you want to happen?

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
just me

What do you want to happen?

13 Oct 2013, 14:43

Well, it seems we have a new forum. The most interesting thing seems to be the question: What are we willing to want to happen?

At the same time I have to notice, that many admins, mods, and members are active in both forums.

So my simple mind has to ask, is this forum intended to be more than a blackmail against polyethene?
Alibaba

Re: What do you want to happen?

13 Oct 2013, 14:59

just me wrote:So my simple mind has to ask, is this forum intended to be more than a blackmail against polyethene?
I hope so. But i don't know.
"Nothing is quieter than a loaded gun." - Heinrich Heine
tank

13 Oct 2013, 16:44

Yes this forum was origionally intended to blackmail but the respolnse was overwhelming. It will be permanent. No matter what ploly does this site will live and thrive on. I will continue to solicit input but ultimately I will keep it going indefinately
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

13 Oct 2013, 21:15

For Example, I no longer post in the other site, if i do, it is only for replies.
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
tank

13 Oct 2013, 21:23

I do not intend to nor do i suggest that people have to choose.
instead this forum will support the needs of the community. I cannot claim exclusivity such would be to repeat the mistakes of my predecessor ;)
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
smorgasbord

13 Oct 2013, 22:04

tank Just me has a point! (edited) i am logging out right now from that forum! but later i shall post a single final thank you message.

BTW: Joedf what about the latest lol on what's on your mind thread on the other forum :) lol
John ... you working ?
joedf

13 Oct 2013, 23:16

Well... I got to say, that is because... it was very important message! :D hheehe
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
smorgasbord

14 Oct 2013, 02:01

@Joedf lol
is there anyone else as hilarious/humorous/funny as yourself?
i guess no-one

KEEP POSTING!! :) :)
John ... you working ?
Pulover

14 Oct 2013, 05:47

I've been checking the other forum once or twice a day at most, and I won't be answering many questions there now. I will probably only post updates for my main thread, but always linking to this forum for details.

We cannot expect everyone to use this site as the official one, but since not even Lexikos supports Polyethene's actions it should get more audience with time.

I am very happy with all the work tank and the mods are doing here and I have no intentions to go back to autohotkey.com. It's unbearable to use a forum for a scripting language with a theme that's not suitable for scripts.

For me this is already the official home of AutoHotkey.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)
smorgasbord

14 Oct 2013, 07:06

Pulover wrote:I've been checking the other forum once or twice a day at most, and I won't be answering many questions there now. I will probably only post updates for my main thread, but always linking to this forum for details.

We cannot expect everyone to use this site as the official one, but since not even Lexikos supports Polyethene's actions it should get more audience with time.

I am very happy with all the work tank and the mods are doing here and I have no intentions to go back to autohotkey.com. It's unbearable to use a forum for a scripting language with a theme that's not suitable for scripts.

+1
John ... you working ?
joedf

14 Oct 2013, 07:45

@smorgasbord :D yay!
@pulover +1
lml (>.<) lml rock on!
Alibaba

14 Oct 2013, 10:23

Pulover wrote:I've been checking the other forum once or twice a day at most, and I won't be answering many questions there now. I will probably only post updates for my main thread, but always linking to this forum for details.

Same for me...
I'm only watching the old forum from time to time to discuss about the current situation of both autohotkey forums.
But only this forum is my "home, sweet home". ;)
"Nothing is quieter than a loaded gun." - Heinrich Heine
guest3456

14 Oct 2013, 12:48

i still plan on visiting both forums

i would want an outcome where the community isn't split, but i dont know if thats possible

Pulover

14 Oct 2013, 14:09

guest3456 wrote:i still plan on visiting both forums

i would want an outcome where the community isn't split, but i dont know if thats possible
That was my wish too, when the discussions to move started. The most reasonable attitude we could see from Poly now would be to hand over the domain and database to tank so he could merge them and we would be unified again... but I don't expect anything like that from him anymore.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)

Return to “Forum Issues”