Highlighting the multiple instances of each word is not working in Scite4AutoHotKey? Please Help? Topic is solved

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
Sabestian Caine

Highlighting the multiple instances of each word is not working in Scite4AutoHotKey? Please Help?

09 Nov 2018, 04:27

Hello Friends..

I am using Scite4Autohotkey as my default AutoHotKey editor and debugger. Scite4Autohotkey is really a great tool to code and debug for AutoHotKey. But I am facing a little problem in it, as it does not highlight/underline the multiple instances of the each word. Please see this screen shot-

As you can see in the above screen shot that there are three instances of msgbox and all three instances are underlined by Scite. I have seen the one hour webinar of Joe Glines which is made on demonstrating the right and optimized use of Scite4Autohotkey (this is the link of one hour webinar is -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0eWUsjp3HE&t=36s ), but still i am not getting any clue to how to do this?

Please help me..

Thanks a lot..
I don't normally code as I don't code normally.
Joe Glines

Re: Highlighting the multiple instances of each word is not working in Scite4AutoHotKey? Please Help?

09 Nov 2018, 08:55

You need to add the following line to your Scite User properites file.

highlight.current.word=1
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
Sabestian Caine

Re: Highlighting the multiple instances of each word is not working in Scite4AutoHotKey? Please Help?

09 Nov 2018, 10:27

Joe Glines wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 08:55
You need to add the following line to your Scite User properites file.

highlight.current.word=1
Thank you so much dear Joe Glines ... You are really kind and helpful to others...

Sir, one more thing i want to ask- as i put this line- highlight.current.word=1 into Scite User Properties and it started highlighting the all the instances of all the instances of current word like this-

you can see that it is highlighting the word msgbox in very mild color which is not very clear for viewing. I want it should underline the word msgbox like this-

you can see in this image that the word msgbox is underlined very clearly so Please tell me how i can underline the current word's all instances like shown in the above image... Thanks a lot sir...
Joe Glines

09 Nov 2018, 10:57

I haven't used SciTE for a few years now so I'm not as familar as I was. (I switched to using AutoHotkey Studio)

I'm also extremely busy right now but you might try adding this to your user properties file.

highlight.current.word.indicator=style:compositionthick,colour:#0080FF,under,outlinealpha:40,fillalpha:40

Also, while it is ridiculously long, you can see my walk through of my entire user properties file here
http://the-automator.com/scite-user-properties-file/

AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
Sabestian Caine

09 Nov 2018, 15:24

Joe Glines wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 10:57
I haven't used SciTE for a few years now so I'm not as familar as I was. (I switched to using AutoHotkey Studio)

I'm also extremely busy right now but you might try adding this to your user properties file.

highlight.current.word.indicator=style:compositionthick,colour:#0080FF,under,outlinealpha:40,fillalpha:40

Also, while it is ridiculously long, you can see my walk through of my entire user properties file here
http://the-automator.com/scite-user-properties-file/
Thank you once again for your kind reply sir... I am very sorry to disturb you but sir after adding this line- highlight.current.word.indicator=style:compositionthick,colour:#0080FF,under,outlinealpha:40,fillalpha:40 into user properties file, is not underlining the multiple of instances of the same word...

Please look at his screen shot- i am using above told line of code like this-

Even then it is not working. I request you to solve my this issue, whenever you have free time... so nice of you... thanks a lot sir...
Joe Glines

Re: Highlighting the multiple instances of each word is not working in Scite4AutoHotKey? Please Help?  Topic is solved

09 Nov 2018, 16:26

You were not supposed to have removed the other line that I suggested you add. The two work together. Just make sure they are both on their own line

YouTube

Sabestian Caine

10 Nov 2018, 06:38

Joe Glines wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 16:26
You were not supposed to have removed the other line that I suggested you add. The two work together. Just make sure they are both on their own line
Thank you so much dear Joe Glines... now it is working fine... I appreciate your skills ... Sir, please tell me.. is AHK Studio is more useful and reliable than Scite4AutoHotKey? Should I switch to AHK Studio also?? Thanks a lot sir... God bless you...
Joe Glines

11 Nov 2018, 06:29

Virtually everything SciTE does, AutoHotkey studio does as well. AutoHotkey Studio has a lot of additional features (too many to list here). You can see an overview of it in this webinar http://the-automator.com/autohotkey-webinar-8302016/

The biggest drawback of it is that it is pretty-much only for AutoHotkey. (I have over 80 intellisense files for working with SciTE in other languages.)

YouTube

Sabestian Caine

15 Nov 2018, 12:34

Joe Glines wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 06:29
Virtually everything SciTE does, AutoHotkey studio does as well. AutoHotkey Studio has a lot of additional features (too many to list here). You can see an overview of it in this webinar http://the-automator.com/autohotkey-webinar-8302016/

The biggest drawback of it is that it is pretty-much only for AutoHotkey. (I have over 80 intellisense files for working with SciTE in other languages.)

Thanks a lot dear Joe Glines... you are really awesome... I am watching your webinars on youtube these days and you have really done outstanding job.... moreover, your videos on http://the-automator.com are also extremely helpful... keep up the spirit of helping others.... :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

MAY GOD BLESS YOU...

Thank you Sir... :salute: :salute: :salute:
Joe Glines

16 Nov 2018, 07:15

Thanks Sabestian! I'm glad you're enjoying them and that they help! It's why I did them... :)

Regards,
Joe

YouTube

Sabestian Caine

21 Nov 2018, 00:18

Joe Glines wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 07:15
Thanks Sabestian! I'm glad you're enjoying them and that they help! It's why I did them... :)

Regards,
Joe
Thank you so much dear Joe .... :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”