Question about using WinSet

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
codude

Question about using WinSet

10 Nov 2018, 10:12

Hello, in a rather lengthy script I run a URL that takes a takes a fair amount time to load. So that it is loaded and ready for use when I need it I run the URL early on in the script. I don’t want it to appear until I’m ready for it so each time the script activates another window it “WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, On” the window so the webpage (Google Chrome) will not appear if it becomes available. I go through 3 or 4 different windows where the WinSet has to be turned “On”and then “Off” for each different window. The problem is if I need to check something on the way it is difficult because of the window that is always on top. What would’ve been nice is if I could have a “AlwaysOnBottom” command for the URL window and then I could eliminate all the other “WinSet, AlwaysOnTop. On/Off” commands but this does not seem to exist. I experimented with “WinSet, Bottom” but it only seemed to work when it was applied to a window that was currently active. Any ideals, Thanks.
TLM

Re: Question about using WinSet

10 Nov 2018, 15:27

codude wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 10:12
...I experimented with “WinSet, Bottom” but it only seemed to work when it was applied to a window that was currently active...
Please post the line of code in question in [code][/code] or [c][/c] tags.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”